Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new Beretta 96A1 out for s stroll this morning and I have to tell you that is one heck of a firearm. I took some factory ammo as well as some of my hand-loads and it ate them all like a pit bull. The trigger was lighter than I expected, but after I adjusted my grip I was able to place my shots within a 1.5" circle at 7 yds. Bench rested it would probably do that well at 15 to 25 yds. I am very pleased with this purchase. Sorry no pics this time, just imagine it!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice. I can't wait to see pics.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Does it look like this?!?!

Reactions: jwc007 and Panda

·
22,034 Posts
I refuse to be asked to assume about appearances. We demand pictures! :D

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
I refuse to be asked to assume about appearances. We demand pictures! :D
I'd sit up and pay attention to ol' GhostHorse, them Santa Fe residents can be right testy if they don't get what they want. Them pictures better be forthcoming in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Congrats on the new Beretta 96A1.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
24,539 Posts
Congrats on your 96A1. Unfortunately I traded mine for another gun and kind of regret it.

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Absolutely LOVE the trigger pull on my Beretta 92....

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I know why they stamp the barrel on the 96A1 with .40 S&W, If you set the 92 side by side with the 96A1, it would be easy to mistake which one is which, except for the tac rail on the 96A1 of course. I love them both, but I'm slightly more accurate with the 92FS. Probably has something to do with the recoil of the .40 S&W, but I'm getting the hang of it. Just need more range time!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yep, that's the one. Thanks for bailing me out Minga.
Well - this is an uneasy crowd - I think I'd take a photo if I were you AND throw in extra mags and some LHPs while you are at it!!! ;)

*maybe a target

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I took my new Beretta 96A1 out for s stroll this morning and I have to tell you that is one heck of a firearm. I took some factory ammo as well as some of my hand-loads and it ate them all like a pit bull. The trigger was lighter than I expected, but after I adjusted my grip I was able to place my shots within a 1.5" circle at 7 yds. Bench rested it would probably do that well at 15 to 25 yds. I am very pleased with this purchase. Sorry no pics this time, just imagine it!
When my hands get so bad that I can no longer deal with the recoil of a .45 that is the 9 sillymeter that I will consider first....:D

·
22,034 Posts
I'm sorry, but we still haven't really seen pictures.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sorry, but we still haven't really seen pictures.
Man, you guys are relentless! I know the rules, so here she is in all her beauty. I bought these grips from Beretta for my 92FS, but I put them on the 96A1 just for the show.
If you don't have one of these, you need to start saving up for one, you won't be sorry!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts