Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got his Glock .40 I did a post in here on "Corrections Officer, what to carry"..So some of you will remember what i was talking about..

He took it out and shot 100 rounds and said he was plowing dirt the whole time..lol
He was pretty bummed when he talked to me( first thing I thought of was trigger pull)..
We went shooting yesterday and i watched what he was doing, then i picked it up and shot and was right on...Now i have never been able to shoot 3 dot sights and then add the Glock D/A and i am in trouble, so i was pretty impressed with myself..lol :D

I showed him where to line up the sights and and just draw and shoot, not to think on it to hard. Also told him to concentrate on a smooth trigger pull...Yowsa!!! :eek:... He almost shot the orange out of the target, needless to say he was very happy :)

Now for a little kudo's for Taurus Armed!!!
Because of what i have read in here and the info provided, I was able to help him and improve the way i shoot tremendiously...Thanks to all that are part of this forum :D
these are 2 of the FAQs i used also..(Thanks for the work..Cimarron ;))
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=1014.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=835.0

I can't believe how much you can learn from guys and gals online :)

Ok back to the topic!!!

So now the real fun begins, We are a little competitive when we are out and I brought the revolving target..
Told him that now it is time to give him a spanking because I have been shooting longer..lol :devil:
So it is me with my Tracker( which i shoot pretty good) and his stupid Glock..lol
To help out my newbie friend, i shot D/A so we would be the same...( I always shoot D/A since learning and being on this forum)
Well he spanks me for about 4 sessions, now i am irritated( in a fun way)..So i said give me the dumb, stupid Glock and you shoot my revolver..lol
Wow..i started spanking him( and with a stupid Glock no less)

So after a while we traded again( and i did not want too..lol)
Dang!!! I could not even hit the dirt with my Tracker, so in the end i had to shoot S/A just to keep up :rolleyes:

It was a very fun time..

Now I want a Glock ;)

Now I do have a question:
After shooting 3 dot sights , have any of you had a problem going back to regular sights,because i sure did when we were done..lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Uh Ohhhh! Me likes the Glock now

If you shot enougth, you learn how to adjust when you start shooting with different sights. Almost a sub consious thing.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

Glad to hear of the fun you had during the range session with your friend.

Since you want a Glock now, do you want one in .40 S&W or are you open to the 9mm & .45 ACP as well? Just curious. ;D

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts

Hold on there ;D before you run out and buy a block :???:ah I mean Glock I'm sure there is a Taurus model in polymer that might work for you and most come with safety's I know Glock's have 3 safety's were they hid them I don't know but I used to be a big Glock fan till a friend of my Dads almost shot himself re-holstering his Glock 19 his thumbreak got into the trigger and when he pushed down to seat his gun it went off! this is not good everyone . I have a springfield XD-9 I got a great deal on or I would have baught a Taurus. Now I have to admit I like the trigger pull on the XD a lot better and with the grip safety that locks the trigger and slide you won't shoot yourself. I now see you can get the XD with a thumb safety which I would like. I grew up shooting the 1911 so a grip and thumb safety comes vary natural to me and yes I own a Taurus PT 1911 and love it and so far I've outshot a couple of friends with colts and kimbers. I did have a problem at first with the heinie sights but since I'm a natural point shoter I just relaxed and let myself shoot the way I have always shot the 1911 and bingo nothing but air were the X should be on the Target I'm going to the new indoor range sat. with my oldest daughters boyfriend and will post pics after. So in my opinion try the XD or a Taurus polymer before you buy a block :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

lol... :D
If you shot enougth, you learn how to adjust when you start shooting with different sights. Almost a sub consious thing.
Thats what i would have thought, but Dang!!!...Not that day :rolleyes: ;)

Before you guys get the wrong impression, I do like the Glock, but i really want a PT 1911.. :yipee:
So if i am going to spend money it will be a 1911..lol
Now , if any of you have a Glock that you just want to get rid of, i will dispose of it in a proper way for you and i will even pay the shipping because i am such a nice guy...lol :devil:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts

Just get a Glock db....you know you want to. :p :D :

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yes join us! Joooin us
lol...I can feel the force drawing me...Must resist :eek:
:p :p :p

·
Registered
3,737 Posts

I don't have a problem going back and forth. It will just take a little getting used to. When I shoot my 24/7 I usually take my Keltec with. 24/7 has 2 dot Keltec has 3. No problem.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I don't like Glocks and promptly got rid of my G23 within a month of owning it. Much better guns out there for me than Glock.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

dbsoundguy,

If I were in Arizona I'd let you try my XD .45 ACP Tactical model. The only problem with that scenario is you may not want to give it up after you've tried it. LOL :D

Come... drink the XD Kool Aid. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts

I equally enjoy my XD's, my Glocks and my 24/7. They are all quality pistols at attractive price points.

I've had an HK USP and a couple of Sigs (P226, P229). For their price range $700+ I do not feel I am getting the same value as the three brands above.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

If I were in Arizona I'd let you try my XD .45 ACP Tactical model.
lol... :D...I have read about those, they sound fantastic...

I just could not believe that a Full size Glock would fit my hand, I guess the .40 is just right..lol

Insert Quote
I don't have a problem going back and forth. It will just take a little getting used to
Thanks..paulrabe78
I sure did throw me off..None of my guns have dot sights (well.. for now anyways :devil:)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts

dbsoundguy said:
lol...I can feel the force drawing me...Must resist :eek:
:p :p :p
"You don't know the power of the Dark Side...."

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

dbsoundguy said:
lol... :DThats what i would have thought, but Dang!!!...Not that day :rolleyes: ;)

Before you guys get the wrong impression, I do like the Glock, but i really want a PT 1911.. :yipee:
So if i am going to spend money it will be a 1911..lol
Now , if any of you have a Glock that you just want to get rid of, i will dispose of it in a proper way for you and i will even pay the shipping because i am such a nice guy...lol :devil:
Simple solution. PT1911 now and the Glock later on. :D Go used on the Glock and save some $$ too. :p

·
Registered
22 Posts

The Power of Glock compells yooooouuuuu. Join us, join the Glock side...............

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

You guys just won't give up ...Yikeess :p..lol
What am I going to do????...Ahhhh....Use the Force- I will fight before coming to the dark side :devil:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts

I shot a G23 yesterday and was not too impressed. It did shoot well for me but I couldn't get over the grip. I definately like my 24/7 better. Sorry all you Glock fans, I'm not trying to knock them. They are just not the gun for me.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It did shoot well for me but I couldn't get over the grip.
lol.. :D.... paulrabe78

Yeah... I have to say the grips would definitly take some getting used too...
That was the reason I never liked them in the past(although they are very good guns in the right hands..thats for sure) :)

I have changed my opinion on Glocks...I think if i had the money when the right deal came along, I would probably get one..( But i have to have a PT1911 first... :yipee: :fart:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts