Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by walmart on my way to work this morning at about 5:15 and went to check the ammo shelf as always. To my surprise they had two 100 rd value packs of .45 wwb. It's not alot but an extra couple hundred rounds ads up. Oh, and the price gougers at walmart raised the price by .83 . lol

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Lucky you.... Real dry here....

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Dry here as well.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
I would not think that .83 is gouging. More than likely it is Walmart passing on the increase from their supplier.

·
5,686 Posts
We've not been without the higher calibers here. It's the .22lr we still don't have. I can walk in any store right now and get all the .38's, .357, .45's and shotgun ammo I want, but find something for any type of rifle? not happening.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I go to Wally World a couple times a week to check ammo. Its been bone-dry for 9mm, .223, and 22 LR for a couple weeks. There has been some sporadic .45 acp.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
My Wal-mart is still dry on everything except misc hunting rifle rounds and 12 gauge bird shot. They have been getting everything in except for .22lr and it sells before they get it in the case.

The manager told me they are still getting one or two AR’s a week. He said before he gets from the receiving area to the gun counter the rifle is sold. It never makes it into the case.

It’s all about being in the right place at the right time.

·
Banned
134 Posts
my question is, since .22's were 4c apiece, why were you NOT buying them by the 5000 rd "case", and not getting another one every time your supply ran under 3000 rds or so? If you aint shooting that much, then why worry about it now? You should have built your skills LONG ago. Contrary to the hype put out by trainers and the gun industry, REALISTIC defensive skill is NOT all that "perishable".. and most of it can be retained, quite well in fact, with dryfire and AirSoft practice. Certainly 22 practice, in handguns, doesn't mean all that much, cause it's control of recoil and being able to ignore the blast effects that mean the difference between a master and a duffer, cause the ranges when it's for real are less than 5 yds, and usually, less than 10 FEET. So the small groups on targets mean nothing, hitting or coming close to soda pop cans means nothing. Being SUPER fast on the ccw draw and for repeat hits mean something, but the former doesn't require live ammo at all, and .22 practice doesn't help the latter much, if at all. Certainly, beyond a certain skill level, .22 practice actually hurts you, for control of lw, compact, powerful pistols, because the recoil fighting impulse in your hands is so different than what is needed.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
We've not been without the higher calibers here. It's the .22lr we still don't have. I can walk in any store right now and get all the .38's, .357, .45's and shotgun ammo I want, but find something for any type of rifle? not happening.
Been noticing the same .22lr shortage around here unless you are willing to pay for the HIGH $ over the top brand name. My son and I broke down and are splitting a 5,000 round case we ordered from SGA.com. It came out to a littlle over $2.55 for a box of 50 delivered to the door.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Yes.

I found 2 boxes of Federal 9 mm. :)

Winchester PDX-1 .380 ACP, was 17 a box 2 days ago. Now is up to 19. :-( I am going to check Fleet Farm in Fargo. They had 'em at 15 a box last week - but were all sold out.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
my question is, since .22's were 4c apiece, why were you NOT buying them by the 5000 rd "case", and not getting another one every time your supply ran under 3000 rds or so? If you aint shooting that much, then why worry about it now? You should have built your skills LONG ago. Contrary to the hype put out by trainers and the gun industry, REALISTIC defensive skill is NOT all that "perishable".. and most of it can be retained, quite well in fact, with dryfire and AirSoft practice. Certainly 22 practice, in handguns, doesn't mean all that much, cause it's control of recoil and being able to ignore the blast effects that mean the difference between a master and a duffer, cause the ranges when it's for real are less than 5 yds, and usually, less than 10 FEET. So the small groups on targets mean nothing, hitting or coming close to soda pop cans means nothing. Being SUPER fast on the ccw draw and for repeat hits mean something, but the former doesn't require live ammo at all, and .22 practice doesn't help the latter much, if at all. Certainly, beyond a certain skill level, .22 practice actually hurts you, for control of lw, compact, powerful pistols, because the recoil fighting impulse in your hands is so different than what is needed.
I don't shoot .22lr to improve my skills with a larger caliber or simply because it is less expensive....I shoot .22lr because it's fun.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I have over 7000 assorted 22 rounds on hand and if I go to walmart and they have any of the 22lr that I shoot I will buy it. I just love to shoot 22lr. My normal day at the range is 300-500 22lr rounds 100 9mm 100 45acp and about 50 45lc sometimes 22tcm or 38 super rounds thrown in. Range is 1.2 hours away from home I go 3-4 time a month. also in real life defensive situation Mental state means more than practicing with large recoil guns (you will not feel the recoil) sometimes my carry gun is a ria 22tcm no recoil whatsoever and a whole lot more shock to a target than a 45acp (my normal carry gun) if 18 rounds of 22tcm out of a 1911 does not stop the threat I have real problems Randy

Reactions: MissKitty

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Been noticing the same .22lr shortage around here unless you are willing to pay for the HIGH $ over the top brand name. My son and I broke down and are splitting a 5,000 round case we ordered from SGA.com. It came out to a littlle over $2.55 for a box of 50 delivered to the door.
Got all excided and went to SGAmmo.com and they are all of 22lr. Too late and too bad for me. :(

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just went to lgs last week bought a box of blazer 22lr for 25.00 about 2 and a half cents each. They had more on the shelf at that time but have not visited since.

·
5,686 Posts
*grabs head from spinning*

You assume a lot here and you know what they say about people who assume. I shoot .22lr in my Henry because it's fun. I'm not out rolling on the ground pretending to be some commando with my .22's.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Got all excided and went to SGAmmo.com and they are all of 22lr. Too late and too bad for me. :(
Try again tomorrow. I think that they have began to zero out their on hand quanity over the weekend as to not over sell and create delivery problems for the customer. SGA seems to update on Monday mornings and then through out the week.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
I picked up a box or two of .45ACP WWB at our WalMart a little over a week ago. Surprised it was on the shelf and, yes, those were the two last boxes. And, yes, I paid about $2 more per box than I did 3-4 months ago.

I came into serious gunning around 2009 (see my join date for this forum) and at that time there were still ammo shortages from the ammo run after obummer's first election. We did see it settle out, albeit it took a year or two and I am hoping that this gun/ammo run settles rather quickly so we can all go back to having fun with the sport we love.

I believe that if and when the administration finally has the guts to put out a statement on what they plan to do - and if that statement holds that not a lot of rigorous changes will be made - then hopefully things will begin to settle at least a little bit.

And I have more 22 ammo than any other caliber and have only 2 guns which shoot it but, as others have said, I shoot it for fun - not to compete. And I don't expect my 22 shooting to transfer much to my skillset for self defense but any shooting does more for the psyche than sitting around waiting for something to happen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts