Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to get out and shoot my 145 and I LOVE IT!!! I wasn't sure I made a good choice when I first got this gun but after takin' it out for a spin today I am smiling ear to ear!! I shot 340 rounds( 100 magtech 230g, 100 PMC 230g, 100 Fiocchi 230g, 20 Horndy critical defense 185g and 20 Hornady TAP 200g) NOT ONE ISSUE OF ANY KIND!!!!! I was pleasantly surprised at how controllable it was and how quick I could get off a second shot on target, I was expecting a jumpy little cannon. I think after a couple more trouble free trips out she might become my daily ccw after all. Oh and those 200g TAP HP's are downright nasty!! after seeing them in action that is def. what I will be carrying.

Thanks, D

·
Registered
31,701 Posts
The first time I shot my PT 145, I was expecting the same pain and lack of accuracy associated with a compact Kahr I had shot just a few weeks earlier. Instead, I just had a big old grin on my face.

Welcome to Taurus Armed from Lubbock, TX!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, now the fun part of practicing:)

·
Super Moderator
35,573 Posts
Congrats and welcome again. I really like mine and, just like you, I was amazed at the ease of recoil when I fired it for the first time. I expected a lightweight pistol spitting out a heavy chunk of lead would have a much greater push and flip.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new Millennium Pro PT145!

Your report really has me stoked, because I have one on it's way and it should be at my FFL dealer's by Saturday. :D (BIG cheesey grin)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks, Taurus 10,

It's actually has a 2008 "birthday", but from the pics I've seen it looks really "cherry", and it comes to me from a really fine Taurus Guy who has taken great care of it!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Thanks, Taurus 10,

It's actually has a 2008 "birthday", but from the pics I've seen it looks really "cherry", and it comes to me from a really fine Taurus Guy who has taken great care of it!
I am sure you will love it. The PT145 is the sweetest gun I've ever owned.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
I finally got a chance to get out and shoot my 145 and I LOVE IT!!! I wasn't sure I made a good choice when I first got this gun but after takin' it out for a spin today I am smiling ear to ear!! I shot 340 rounds( 100 magtech 230g, 100 PMC 230g, 100 Fiocchi 230g, 20 Horndy critical defense 185g and 20 Hornady TAP 200g) NOT ONE ISSUE OF ANY KIND!!!!! I was pleasantly surprised at how controllable it was and how quick I could get off a second shot on target, I was expecting a jumpy little cannon. I think after a couple more trouble free trips out she might become my daily ccw after all. Oh and those 200g TAP HP's are downright nasty!! after seeing them in action that is def. what I will be carrying.

Thanks, D

My Pt-145 in its nest, sweet lil' CCW.

Kirkpatrick & PT-145.jpg

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! The PT145 has a good following of people who love this little gun. I know I love mine and it has been by my side for the past 3 years. MPG, you will wonder why you waited soooo long to buy yours!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was certainly surprised (pleasantly) the first time I fired my PT145 Mil Pro, and now I'm a big fan. If only I hadn't lost the take-down pin when I cleaned it, I'd have many more rounds through it by now. :mad: Guess I've been carrying and cleaning Glocks too long. Should have the $15 replacement from Miami next week sometime.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
It can't be that good. You guys are just puttin' me on. (grin)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas! And thanks for the review on the 145, I'm still trying to decide on a carry smaller than my 92.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts