1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Huh. Might make me think about a 740.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I think the "FS" model used to be known as the "G2". If so, mags won't work in the normal 740 :(

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
I think the "FS" model used to be known as the "G2". If so, mags won't work in the normal 740 :(
We'll soon know ........................ I just ordered (2) for my 740SS - appears they will work "IF" picture shown is correct. If they don't fit / work - it will be equal to 250 rds. of .40 down range. LOL

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
That's good to hear. I've got two and don't need anymore but it's nice to hear the supply might be picking up.

Is it just me or does that base plate look way bigger than a standard 740? If so, I'd definitely stick with the ones I have anyway.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
That's good to hear. I've got two and don't need anymore but it's nice to hear the supply might be picking up.

Is it just me or does that base plate look way bigger than a standard 740? If so, I'd definitely stick with the ones I have anyway.
It adds two rounds 6 to 8. Doesn't appear it will add much to length beyond what a Pierce pinky grip extender does. In any case, makes for good spare backups if you carry spares.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
It adds two rounds 6 to 8. Doesn't appear it will add much to length beyond what a Pierce pinky grip extender does. In any case, makes for good spare backups if you carry spares.
I missed the extra two rounds... it might not be bad to keep one in the pickup when I am carrying my 740.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
I missed the extra two rounds... it might not be bad to keep one in the pickup when I am carrying my 740.
Depends on whether it will fit 740's other than FS - I'd find it hard to believe it wouldn't fit ALL 740's - in any case I'll know next week sometime.

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
I thought FS was Taurus designation for any model new weapon that was sold with a single magazine and plain cardboard box?
1911 FS, 709 FS, 740 FS??

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
That's what I thought, too, but who knows - the Slim G2 seems to be a unicorn along with their magazine for any Slim.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
We'll soon know ........................ I just ordered (2) for my 740SS - appears they will work "IF" picture shown is correct. If they don't fit / work - it will be equal to 250 rds. of .40 down range. LOL
I'll be patiently waiting for the results.... :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the "FS" designated Taurus PT 740 "Slim". It is the "blued" steel slide version (i.e. no frills) and ships with only one six round magazine. Mine came with the Taurus logo'd foam padded, plastic case and of course the User Guide (manual) and a pair sight adjuster/Taurus Safety System keys.
I can't imagine why the eight round mag wouldn't work in any of the other versions of the PT 740 Slim.
Flex

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I bought four extra mags several years ago for my 740. But willing to buy several of the new 8 rounders if the reviews turns out well.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Bump - just checked order status since my CC hadn't been charged, I figured my order had gone into Taurus La La Land - However, according to Taurus web store it shipped yesterday via FedEx and is due to be delivered 12/11. I'll check it out when received and let all know whether it works in my non FS 740 - AFTER I order more, if it does work. LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, I'm taking a chance on these too and ordered a couple today. Thanks to the OP and I won't hold it against you if they don't work, but they look correct!

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Received my two 8 rd. 740FS mags today for my 740SS. Kind of a good news, bad news story, but presume the good will out weigh the bad. LOL First the good - mag locks in good and tight and drops free when release pushed - once mag is loaded it feeds ammo smoothly and efficiently (snapcaps) repeatedly, so I presume it will also feed real life ammo on the range.

The bad - and this is using my lula - both mags take the standard 6 rds. easily - getting the next 2 rounds is a bear on one and difficult on the other - there seems to be something "catching" the spring or follower - and it is rock solid, whatever it is. If I push down on the nose of the 6th rd. it will then load the next two in one mag; the other mag is really contrary and seems to stay caught on what ever it is contacting. I'm trying to figure out out to disassemble, but haven't found the key as yet, or not holding my lips just right to scrooch it apart. I've got both fully loaded and will let them sit that way for a few days. But what ever its catching on is internal.

In any case, I'd say they are good to go and will make for good spare mags or in CCW. NOTE: found out how to open - beat the crap out of the plastic - however, did not completely disassemble due to the spring being distorted as it slides off as spring is in well of plastic mag floor - in any case, did find some orange flashing in well and after pounding back together, the 8 rds. now go in smoothly. Picture follows:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts