Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my .45 pro a year ago. I had a 92 for about 12 years and had no problems. After I put that 24/7 in my hand, I could not leave the store without it! It fit my hand great and I liked the manual safty and trigger lock. After getting use to the .45 power, I was amazed at how well this gun hit where you aimed! After about 200 rounds and 11 months, the gun started to jam :( My dealer said that some of the first mags had soft springs and he would get me some new ones. I have put about 50 rounds through it with the new ones with no ftf. I hope that it will feed ok because I like this gun!!! My nephew bought a 24/7 in .40 about a month ago and it has had no ftf.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Been there. Done that. Bought a .40 24/7, loved shooting it, and solely because I was looking for compacts, traded it.

Thought better of it, bought a .45 24/7, loved shooting it, and (again) because I'm into compacts (and subcompacts) traded it.

Regret it. But when the compact 24/7s come out, don't get in my way.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yes to answer your question. I have had 0 fails of any kind with my 24/7 Pro .45. I got mine about 4 months ago at Academy and put well over 1000 rounds down range so far. I love this pistol! I am currently looking for a 9mm version since I am going to have to wait till mid year to get my PT1911 in stainless to match my blue one ;D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put another 100 rounds through it yesterday with no problems. I just love this gun! :)

·
32,788 Posts
Z glad the 24/7 is working out for you. With prices skyrocketing on many makes and models by other companies, more interested shooters will more than likely be taking a long hard look at the 24/7 and other pistols Taurus produces. The 24/7 makes for the practical home defense and CCW pistol. Other models also fill the bill. With a extra high capacity magazine or two to back up the one in the gun already there is more than enough ammo to take care of any situations that could come along.24/7 pistols would do well at IDPA or similar contests as well. Might want to find out if there are any informal or formal Bowling pin shoots in your area. Pins are the same size as the zone one has to hit to incapacitate a criminal instantly. It's also a fun to watch the pin react to the hit and applies some fun stress to see if you can knock the pins clean of the table.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had some problems with my Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm, but after lubing and 100 rounds later, works like a charm. For $380+tax, I would buy it again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would definitely buy another. I have a 45 I bought 2 weeks ago. 270 rounds so far. Fast cycling, and not a single issue. Best polymer pistol I have shot by far.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would have to say that when the compacts come out and they have a different site on them, yes. Otherwise, probably not. I love the feel of the gun but just can't get the straight eights down!! :mad:

I looked at a PT145 and liked that, should have bought it. I already reload .45ACP and liked the feel of it. Plus it was cheaper!! But, it has the straight eights on it also...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I recently picked up a new 24/7 in 9mm as a fun/plinking pistol. It, like my other Taurus handguns shoots great and functions flawlessly. I am already looking at the 24/7 in 45acp, but have held off buying one as I have an XD-45, that I really like. My youngest son's christmas present from dad is a Taurus PT-1911. He shot it the other day, running 250 rounds of 230gr. MagTech FMJ through the bore, and had no problems whatsoever. It groups very well for him at 3.5-4.5" at 25 yards freehand. I think I could get it to shoot a little better for me.

Yes I "WILL" buy another.....just not sure which it will be.

tex

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has Taurus raised the price? I gave $350 for my PRO last Jan. Yesterdays price was $400 on a 9mm pro. ???

·
32,788 Posts
Howdy Z400. Is that price at the same shop or at another location? Prices were going up across the whole board since last year, but that would not explain this away most likely. Owners of gun shops can change the price frequently for any number of reasons. Some haggle and others are firm in prices. Since operating costs of a business are climbing higher at different rates in many places some change can happen fast. Other reason could just be looking to acheive higher profits. The money is actually in the used gun biz. Not so much in the new gun market.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Z400ACDC said:
Has Taurus raised the price? I gave $350 for my PRO last Jan. Yesterdays price was $400 on a 9mm pro. ???
That's sound about right. I paid about $380 for my 24/7 Pro 9mm at Academy in McAllen, Texas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it a 24/7 or a 24/7 Pro? that could explain the difference, the pro's usually run a little bit more. Here in Arkansas the 24/7 usually runs around $380ish and the pro's run about $40-50 more.

Got my wife one for Valentine's day and she love's it. Excellent gun so far, shoots about an inch left at 15 yards, but that's easy to fix.

I would definitely buy another, now if I could just talk her into letting me use her ammo...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts