Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is a .32 acp in the same style as the PLY-22 and PLY 25 tip-up barrel design. Even in the non-PLY version, a PT-32. IMO, this would make for a good carry gun when the felt recoil of the TCP is too much. What do you say?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree! I was just about to post here I wish Taurus would make a copy of the Beretta 3032 Tomcat AND make it DA/SA.

·
32,770 Posts
Not a bad set of ideas.

Taurus did build the 732 in .32 ACP for a while and then stopped!

I think the 732 is about as small as they can get in size though for engineering and for ammo pressure reasons.

I own one. It's lighter than the Tomcat ( I do have a Tomcat) and the trigger and ergonomics are better for use.

The sights are tiny, but useful. Still somewhat of a pain though.

The 732 is reliable and one of the CCW battery, usually used as second gun, but there are days when it is a primary due to the very hot, 90 degrees or higher, with humidity to match days.

For a number of years on and off I suggested that Taurus build something like the Tomcat. That was before electronic communication abilities took off and became easier to use en masse. So there might be a good chance this will get seen and acted upon. Hopefully.

Either build a Tomcat derivative or start 732 production back up. :)

There is a good market for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts