Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading a Fox News story and noticed the add at the bottom...

OMG

Attachments

·
Registered
17,176 Posts
That situation only occurs if you buy the gun with money taken by using your transfer card
while in the Netherlands and actually holding the gun while cruising on a yacht.
Other than that the gun is perfectly safe.:tongue:

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
If I read the comments will I see one from a guy from Waco arguing that the Keltec sub2000 is in fact more dangerous? :D :D :D :p

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
#oldnews.

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
If I remember right, there was a Japanese pistol that would fire if you pressed on the transfer bar between the trigger and the rest of the firing mechanism around WWII.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
They are all dangerous if you are on the wrong end..Duh..:eek:

Reactions: ICUKev

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Was reading a Fox News story and noticed the add at the bottom...

OMG
Not even close.

I have in the safe a Japanese Type 94 Pistol

Type_94_1835.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_94_Nambu_pistol

The Type 94 pistol was designed for, and popular among, Japanese tank and aircraft crews who preferred a smaller, lightweight design. Japanese weapons experts have subsequently criticized some design elements of the Type 94; in particular the pistol could be fired unintentionally before the breech was fully locked if the sear bar on the side of the receiver was jarred loose and the pistol was improperly handled. Additionally, the process to disassemble the pistol is overly complex and awkward. The build quality of the Type 94 pistol declined over its production run; "last ditch" pistols made in 1945 were crudely manufactured.

TYPE94ERROR.JPG

Unintentional firing The poor design of the breech allowed the Type 94 Nambu to be fired unintentionally.[SUP][3][/SUP] The sear bar on the Type 94 Nambu converts the forward pull of the trigger into a lateral movement that frees the hammer.[SUP][18][/SUP] Because the sear bar is on the outside of the pistol,[SUP][18][/SUP] it could be jarred loose during engagement if the pistol was cocked and handled carelessly.[SUP][6][/SUP] The forward end of the sear bar would need to be depressed approximate 2mm to cause the weapon to fire.[SUP][5][/SUP] The ability to fire the Type 94 without pulling the trigger gave rise to war stories of Japanese soldiers surrendering, only to fire the pistol, earning the pistol monikers such as the "suicide special" and the "surrender pistol".[SUP][5][/SUP] These stories are widely discredited because of the difficulty to fire the weapon by squeezing the sear bar.[SUP][5][/SUP] If the safety is engaged on the Type 94 it is impossible for the weapon to discharge unintentionally.[SUP][1][/SUP]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Found a video of a 24/7 that discharges when shaken

So I don't know if it's faked or not, you know everything on the internet is true. What do you guys think?

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
So I don't know if it's faked or not, you know everything on the internet is true. What do you guys think?
I'll bet there's a ventriloquist pistol just off camera.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Tex_at_work.JPG

:unsure:.......:huh:...day off?

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
64 Posts
There's also a video of someone shaking a Sig Sauer P250 without ammo in it and it rattles worse than a baby rattle.(new):rolleyes:

:confused:

Ive figured out that people look at Taurus guns like android fans look at iPhones. They have never owned one yet can tell you every flaw it has. I say, STFU until you can prove it. Not on some video on YouTube

oh wait. That's where I watched that one at. Oops

·
Registered
27,562 Posts
A malfunctioning gun that fires without a finger on the trigger is not a laughing matter.

That said, we don't know whether the pistol was worn excessively and/or modified by someone other than the factory. (It is amazing how many people think they can improve a trigger without any training.)
What we do know is that any reputable gun manufacturer will fix that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts