Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This was in an email, this afternoon. Some old sayings, but some good ideas to repeat. So. Here you are! Some vittles for thought.

Some words to the wise. Shooting advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this.
If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A; Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.

B; Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C; Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D; Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms-length.

E; Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F; The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a ..357 is 1400 feet per second.

G; The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H; Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

I; If you're in a gun fight:

1; If you're not shooting, you should be loading.

2; If you're not loading, you should be movin',

3; If you're not movin', you're dead.

J; In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K; If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L; You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M; You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

Registered
Very true words indeed.

Registered
13 Golden Rules of incounter awaremess!! Great post!

Registered
Good post! And a lot of common sense too!

Super Moderator
I like Rule G, too. What was that line from the movie Margin Call? "Be better, be first, or cheat."

Registered
No truer words have been spoken

Registered
I fixed this one for you based on the recent Zimmerman incident: B;Its always better to be judged by 7 billion than carried by 6.

Since the thing went global.........

Registered
I really like E,G, & L!

Registered
Excellent!!

Registered
Shouldn't there be a mention of a back up pistol as well? When they become available (and I have the money), I want to get one of these since it uses the same ammo and can fit in my left pocket: Heizer Defense - Creators of DoubleTap鈩

Registered
Two in the chest and one in the head and repeat as often as necessary until the bad guy is no longer a threat to you.

Reactions: sgtsandman

Registered
Couldn't find one that I liked better than the others, 'cause I like 'em ALL.

Warning shot? That's what the second bad guy through the door hears -- just before he trips over the first.

Registered
I'll add one more. (Owning a gun doesn't make you a gunfighter anymore than owning a airplane makes you a pilot.) If you want to carry a gun for your protection then learn to use it.

Reactions: sgtsandman

Registered
I'm really sorry smoke , I did not realize you posted this and I alos posted it earlier today. I apoligize for stepping on your toes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts