·
Super Moderator
36,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: darbo and kschilk

·
Registered
18,798 Posts
I'd wait for the happy bows to go on sale...:unsure:...those angry ones are hard to get along with.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Since I live in a cave and don't get out much I have a question.
Do crossbows have a legitimate purpose or are they just a toy
aimed at the testosterone deficient mall-ninja market?

·
Super Moderator
36,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I live in a cave and don't get out much I have a question.
Do crossbows have a legitimate purpose or are they just a toy
aimed at the testosterone deficient mall-ninja market?
As I understand it, not being a hunter, there are open seasons for bow and crossbow only that precede firearms hunting.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Cross bows are an increasingly popular choice for people who want to hunt during archery season here in PA. In my case I was no longer able to draw my compound bow due to shoulder and hand issues. Shooting a cross bow is just like (well almost ) shooting a rifle with a scope.

For what it is worth I have a couple of the J5 flashlights listed on the sales page with the cross bow. Well worth the price.

·
Super Moderator
36,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cross bows are an increasingly popular choice for people who want to hunt during archery season here in PA. In my case I was no longer able to draw my compound bow due to shoulder and hand issues. Shooting a cross bow is just like (well almost ) shooting a rifle with a scope.

For what it is worth I have a couple of the J5 flashlights listed on the sales page with the cross bow. Well worth the price.
I am a flashlight fanatic and have several of those small one cell Cree lights around the house and car. The last time I got them it was a bundle of five for less than 5 bucks (maybe four) each. My last fix on those was a two for tuesday on Meh.com and received two 1000 lumen Taclights with lithium batteries and car chargers for $21.25 net delivered for the bundle. It was the car chargers that sold me on that deal and they came in two hard sided cases...one for each vehicle.

Reactions: Tracker627

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
I had no idea you could hunt with them.
I've always considered them an oddity.
After a quick search I found that Oregon is the only state that does not allow crossbow hunting.

Reactions: Tracker627

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
More deer are killed in the city limits with a crossbow than with a car.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
More deer are killed in the city limits with a crossbow than with a car.
Doesn't sound like a place to take a leisurely afternoon stroll....................:p

·
Super Moderator
36,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll close this one down since the deal has expired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.