Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
came in the mail today. It's a Fobus SP11B compact paddle. The bag says it's for a Springfield XD, HS2000, H&K 200 and Taurus Millenium and all Pro models. Fits really snug and that worries me a bit (but just a bit). I'd hate to see the purty finish on my Duotone get marred up. :eek: I guess with this holster, it's probably inevitable. In any case, here's a pic of my 145 on my hip with the Houge Handall Jr. grip. All I'm waiting on now are my Fire Sights and this package will be complete!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
came in the mail today. It's a Fobus SP11B compact paddle. The bag says it's for a Springfield XD, HS2000, H&K 200 and Taurus Millenium and all Pro models. Fits really snug and that worries me a bit (but just a bit). I'd hate to see the purty finish on my Duotone get marred up. :eek: I guess with this holster, it's probably inevitable. In any case, here's a pic of my 145 on my hip with the Houge Handall Jr. grip. All I'm waiting on now are my Fire Sights and this package will be complete!
I would consider wear like this a badge of honor. It shows you are practicing drawing quite a bit.

But that's just me. Congratulations on the new holster. I hope it turns out to be everything you'd hoped for.

Reactions: jim1911 and Grimm

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would consider wear like this a badge of honor. It shows you are practicing drawing quite a bit.

But that's just me. Congratulations on the new holster. I hope it turns out to be everything you'd hoped for.
I've had my PT1911 for a week, and it already has holster wear from me getting used to a manual safety and deactivating it on the draw. It doesn't bother me one bit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't stopped drawing since I got home. The family thinks I'm nuts, but it's already getting a little easier. Had my adult son try to take it from behind me and he couldn't do it. It's also really comfortable so far. Thanks guys!

Reactions: jim1911

·
Registered
155 Posts
I haven't stopped drawing since I got home. The family thinks I'm nuts, but it's already getting a little easier. Had my adult son try to take it from behind me and he couldn't do it. It's also really comfortable so far. Thanks guys!
Yep, even a holster with passive retention is difficult to remove unless you pull it straight out if it fits correctly. It is good that it fits snugly for this reason. I'm not sure if you open carry or not, but if you do it is good to know someone can't just snatch it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Jim. I open carry around the property and to gun friendly establishments in town. The joys of living in a pretty rural area and the test with my son did give me a little peace of mind.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah Jim. I open carry around the property and to gun friendly establishments in town. The joys of living in a pretty rural area and the test with my son did give me a little peace of mind.
With a little luck, SB 286 will pass in Alabama making us an official open carry and shall issue state among other things that are good for gun owners.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Mine was quite tight too. I did spray a little Armorall on a rag and wiped the inside. Made it draw much better. Fits like a glove.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Mine was quite tight too. I did spray a little Armorall on a rag and wiped the inside. Made it draw much better. Fits like a glove.
I spray the inside of my Fobus holsters with a light coating of Silicone Spray, allow it to drain on a towel for about 30 minutes, and then lightly wipe out the interior of the holster. It seems to help with "holster wear" if done every couple of weeks.

Attachments

Reactions: jim1911 and Grimm

·
Registered
676 Posts
I got my SB11 and I thought it might be too snug also but it isn't. Draws just fine and is movement secure. Just strap it on and workout the newness. I don't want to put any lube inside and prefer to let it 'work to fit'.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just bought one for my PT111 G2. There's a little lateral wiggle room but not enough to worry me. Exceptionally comfortable holster and great price as well!

Handgun holster Gun accessory Personal protective equipment Airsoft gun

Reactions: Grimm

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've had my PT1911 for a week, and it already has holster wear from me getting used to a manual safety and deactivating it on the draw. It doesn't bother me one bit.
Would you mind sharing what holster you have? I might be interested in getting something. I'm thinking along the lines of open carry when I'm in the woods for my PT1911. Might give CC a try, too; but that's for maybe in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Would you mind sharing what holster you have? I might be interested in getting something. I'm thinking along the lines of open carry when I'm in the woods for my PT1911. Might give CC a try, too; but that's for maybe in the future. Thanks!
I have a Blackhawk Serpa for when I open carry, and an OWB custom kydex for concealed carry. The Kydex holster is made by a company called Lockhart Munitions out of Mississippi. It is a pretty awesome holster.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I got the full size one and sawed off the extra. It works fine though and is tight like yours.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
looking good grimm. :thumb: ............... and you didn't show any skin, ever better. ;)

Reactions: Grimm

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got my fobus Sp11b holster for both my pt111 pro and pt145 both fit and draw nicely out of the package. Also am impressed with the retention, since I ride an Mc it can adjust tighter. Also its really comfortable all day. Down side is you have to cover it with a loose shirt in summer. But all in all worth the money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts