• Crush

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other: explain

Votes: 4 4.7%
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Call it butt and skip it till nothing is left. Does fit a burger great though!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Bread Side Out... That way I can at least pretend it's not the heel

Mom convinced me as a kid the heel wa the "special" piece, we kids fought over it.

Now I despise the heel. I'll only eat it in desperation... If theirs another loaf handy, the heel goes straight in the trash

SACRILEGE ! You toss the BEST PART ?

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
I guess if you let them dry up a little, you could grind them up into bread crumbs for crusts on various casseroles.

·
Registered
998 Posts
We, in Great Britain, have a epicurean delight that is eaten the world over. It has been our country's gift to the masses and it's called MARMITE. It's dark brown, is a by-product of the brewing industry and, there is no in between, people either love it or hate it. Personally I think it's the Nectar of the Gods.. and spread on toast it is wonderful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

marmite.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Guess it depends on whether the lights are on or off. With lights on, nobody wants to be seen taking the last piece of bread called the END PIECE. If the lights go out, someone could lose their hand as forks and knives search out that end piece.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's the heel.

Have you all posted a poll on how to pronounce pecan yet?
That's always a hot topic.

Puh-khan is the way of the south.
Yankees say pee-can.

LOL

·
Registered
180 Posts
In my part of the country, we call it the heel. I will eat the heel, especially on a sandwich with a tomato slice. My wife & kids would never eat the heel. She was a bad influence on them (my version of the story).

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
We, in Great Britain, have a epicurean delight that is eaten the world over. It has been our country's gift to the masses and it's called MARMITE. It's dark brown, is a by-product of the brewing industry and, there is no in between, people either love it or hate it. Personally I think it's the Nectar of the Gods.. and spread on toast it is wonderful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

View attachment 468127

Yeah.

That and Nutella.

Wonder where I can find Marmite here, Stateside, to give it a try. Nutella lasted a whole long time here in our cupboard, tehn, just like THAT! It disappeared, jar and all. Hmmmmm.....

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah.

That and Nutella.

Wonder where I can find Marmite here, Stateside, to give it a try. Nutella lasted a whole long time here in our cupboard, tehn, just like THAT! It disappeared, jar and all. Hmmmmm.....
My youngest son loves Nutella. Prior to Covid we would go to the farmers market once a month and he would get a Nutella Crepe made fresh while you watch. They are pretty good.

·
Registered
16,869 Posts
The Title of this thread is wrong.
It says "Wondering minds want to know".
In this forum it should be "Wandering minds want to know".
You're welcome.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
OK, make it "wandering", OK by me.

Fish just mentioned a new food and pointed me in a direction which I know not. so I'll wander 'till I find one of those and eat it for myself so taht I know. I just hope I don't have to go all the way to the Florida Keys to find one.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts