Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dear wife bought me 44 mag tracker for my birthday. I have wanted a 44 to blink with for a while and 900 bucks for a toy was pushing our devoted love. Stop at a shop(Lewis arms in Bow NH) while I was waiting for some parts to be rebuilt and he had the tracker there for half the Ruger, the shopkeep did a real good job in explaining the Taurus product and my brother has a judge and that is a blast to fire so I pulled the best sales pitch I could come up with and "the little woman" relented and said go get it. I did put hogue grips on it, not there was a problem with the factory ones. Now have to work on a gofundme project to feed it. Thinking should change grips to something that hurts like h*ll so after 5 shots I put it away

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Congrats on the 44!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
LOL! You better find a gold mine or start reloading your own. Because you are not going to stop at 5 rounds, even if they are max loaded. Every time I go to the range with my 44SS8, I expend at least 100 rounds before I put it away. I love to shoot that thing at 100 yards on the rifle range and watch the other guys just stare with their mouths open when they see what it can do at that distance. ......Have fun and enjoy!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good friend of mine reloads and is willing to "teach" me the skill, the only problem is he is in FL and will not come home until we have 5 straight days of 60 degree weather. Snowed 3 inches last night so still at 0 days.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Congrats on your new shooter. I think you have not one, but two keepers on your hands!

·
Registered
24,808 Posts
Congrats on your new wheel gun and welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
The 44 Tracker is a very nice platform to use, both shooting and as a jumping off point for learning hand loading. I had sold off all my 44 Magnum revolvers, Smiffs, Rugers, Astra, Llama. Stayed with a Marlin carbine and a 10" Contender, then I bought a Tracker in 41, after that I had to have a 44, great guns!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts