1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
lol, that guy will never ask for condiments again! lol

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I hope Vitaly isn't a permit holder. How stupid.

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
When questioned by police, Kovtun admitted that he, "pulled out his handgun and racked the slide back towards the victims in a threatening manner,"
he is so screwed, he's already guilty since he admitted it.

if he had a permit/license, it's toast.. and he'll never legally own a gun again.

wtf is wrong with some people some times there is that grey area of overreaction.. this however seems malicious.

it was probably a group of teenagers joking off.

just laugh at it and move on for god sake dont go pointing a gun at someone over it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think the "victims'" behavior was as innocent as they made it out to be. I'm thinking a car full of teenagers playing games (tailgating, bumper tag, racing) and the grey poupon thing was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not excusing his actions, just saying it doesn't make sense for him to react that way to that tired, old joke.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
InfidelIllini said:
I don't think the "victims'" behavior was as innocent as they made it out to be. I'm thinking a car full of teenagers playing games (tailgating, bumper tag, racing) and the grey poupon thing was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not excusing his actions, just saying it doesn't make sense for him to react that way to that tired, old joke.
well that will come out in the trial i guess, there was however a witness that took his plate down, so at least one person saw at least part of the incident, even if they was tail gating and he can prove it, wont make any difference.

even so pulling a gun out on an aggressive driver ain't the thing to do.. not by a long shot.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What? I read the whole thing and couldn't find reference to the "clip" in his "automatic" full of "armor piercing bullets".

Some reporter's gonna get yelled at.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NYPD said:
What's catsup? :D :D :D
That is the proper spelling for the condiment made with pureed tomatoes, salt and sugar. It's often incorrectly pronounced "ketchup". ;)
joe sixpack said:
even so pulling a gun out on an aggressive driver ain't the thing to do.. not by a long shot.
I understand that, he was wrong. The point I was trying to make is that these teens say they asked for the grey poupon and he drew down on them. I don't think any rational person is going to draw down on somebody just because they ask for high end mustard. I'm thinking they had been messing with him for a while before he went off the deep end. There's got to be more to the story that hasn't come out yet. I don't think their actions were as harmless as they say.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
perhaps your right, and it's plausible, however no one said this guy was rational either.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
joe sixpack said:
perhaps your right, and it's plausible, however no one said this guy was rational either.
Was thinking the same thing right after I hit "Post". For all I know he could be a world class nut job.

·
Registered
968 Posts
lots of maybe's

can see that if they are following him pulling all kinds of crap he could get desperate enough to make a very poor decision. can also see that the guy is one of those "I HAVE A GUN RAWRRRRRRRRR" people who look for the tiniest excuse to feel power over people.

would have to be on a jury to make any solid decision, will be a pita unless the guy says well...i screwed the pooch

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
From what we understand out here, is he does not have a CFP or a since of humor.

·
Registered
149 Posts
One thing that the mustard seekers didn't take into consideration is that the area they were in when they decided to pull this prank is known to have some short fuses that are already lit, both groups are lucky nothing more serious came of this...this doesn't discount the fact that the guy's a jerk and needs to do his time where he can think about his actions, and having a gun in a glove box in Utah...... :eek: that will get the judge's attention!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts