Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THis headline could have read a whole lot different if not for the right to protect life, home and family... I question the statement the police are trying to determine if she was justified. How many times do we read about women killed by people who have restraining orders against them. Thats kinda like take way the legal guns to reduce crime???

I say good for her, his intentions were prob not the most honorable!

Bedford) -- A shooting early Wednesday in Bedford could end up being a test of Ohio's Castle Doctrine law, the one that allows a homeowner to defend themselves against threats by an intruder.

Bedford Police were called early Wednesday morning to a home on Grand Blvd. owned by Audrey Calhoon, who told police that her ex-boyfriend had broken into the home through the backdoor. Calhoon confronted the man and shot him in the face. He was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center for treatment.

No charges have been filed in the case, as Bedford Police are trying to determine, in part, if Calhoon was justified in shooting the ex-boyfriend. Police and prosecutors will determine if was self-defense or excessive force.

Bedford Police say the ex-boyfriend had made numerous threats against Calhoon and her family, and once had threatened to kill her.

Get breaking news sent to your mobile phone. Text "news" to 21095.

(Copyright 2011 Clear Channel, all rights reserved.)

Read more: Does the "Castle Doctrine" apply in this one? | WTAM - Local News - The BIG One - WTAM 1100

Does the "Castle Doctrine" apply in this one? | WTAM - Local News - The BIG One - WTAM 1100

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The crum broke into her home...he's an intruder.

Good for her.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'll echo what MPG said, good for her.

The only thing that could make this better is if the "face" shot had been fatal.

reminder folks, life's expensive ammo is not, shoot twice maybe three times or til the threat is over, ie when blood is no longer coursing through their veins!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Works for me. If someone breaks into my home who had been making making threats, you can bet they ain't going to be leaving under their own power.

Hunter.gif

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
So he threatened to hurt and/or kill her and her family, he forcibly broke into her home with some kind of violent intention in regards to the ex-girlfriend and she shot him once. Hmmm.....I think I would have emptied the gun into him to make sure he could never come back and I would fully believe, and probably be backed up by the local police here, that the shooting was completely justified.

And the local police are still trying to determine if she was justified in shooting him. Not to knock the local police, but is the ex-boyfriend also an ex-cop?

When I was growing up in a somewhat rough neighborhood, you were considered very stupid if you let someone tell you they were going to beat you up and then you actually allowed them to land the first blow.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Bedford Police were called early Wednesday morning to a home on Grand Blvd. owned by Audrey Calhoon, who told police that her ex-boyfriend had broken into the home through the backdoor. Calhoon confronted the man and shot him in the face. He was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center for treatment.

Give her some range time and maybe it won't be an issue in the future.

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
Yep, I'm afraid she did not permanently end the threat. This will probably end up biting her on the butt. Anyone worth shooting once, is worth shooting till your ammo is gone.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
And the Police are going to see if this was a "justified" shooting???? What's with that??? He broke into her house and had threaten to kill her at an earlier time and she wasn't justified to shoot him....give me a break!!! She should have justifily "killed" him!!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
In my neck of the woods, it's a good shoot.

·
Administrator
39,693 Posts
In our neck of the woods, bre, it's a very good shoot! Only a little target practice could improve the outcome.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Now he will live with hopefully a Very Big Scar. But she will now be a target. Even if he goes to jail for breaking and entering. He is going to be Very Angery. She's going to have to go into hiding from this idiot. Should have put two more into him and ended the threat forever. The way I understand it 3 is just right but 6 Might have been too much and would make her look guilty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts