Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I just heard about this. I can't comment on it....................STUPID! Well, I guess I just did. Joe freakin' gun man forgets to clear his firearm.......STUPID!
Not an accident, negligence.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Might be a Florida thing. Didn't that Koran burning preacher loose a round in a parking lot in Detroit?

Regardless, that church is in an abandoned fire department. In some (but not ALL) cases these storefront churches serve a group of people
that'.....in greater need, if you catch my drift.

·
Super Moderator
40,384 Posts
These are the kind of stories that make gun owners look bad. Something like this should have never happened. I hope she comes out okay.

Reactions: CNCSC

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
This is pure negligence and this type of stuff will destroy the CCW movement.

Perhaps a church closet is not the best place to be showing a weapon to people and if you do not know how to properly handle a weapon, such as how to clear a weapon, then you should not be owning or carrying a weapon.

The use of weapons is serious business, there is no room for complacent fools amongst us.

When you pick up the weapon, put down your ego.

Edited to add:

My thoughts go out to the families.

Reactions: Rottiejake

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is pure negligence and this type of stuff will destroy the CCW movement.

Perhaps a church closet is not the best place to be showing a weapon to people and if you do not know how to properly handle a weapon, such as how to clear a weapon, then you should not be owning or carrying a weapon.

The use of weapons is serious business, there is no room for complacent fools amongst us.

When you pick up the weapon, put down your ego.
Amen!!! This guy clearly had a bad case of Dumba$$ syndrome, I mean most people who have CHL's have had classes in how to clear a weapon and store it properly. 2) Why show a weapon to a bunch young adults that can't even buy guns yet in a church where there are young-ans running around? 3) When handling a weapon it should always be pointed at the ground and cleared first before anything, but inside there's still a chance of ricochet off the hard concrete floor so if there's 30 people in a room it would be best to step outside then show the weapon. ( I know I am not saying anything you all don't already know how to do) I just don't mind typing this stuff out to remind myself not to be a Dumba$$. I agree that complacency can be deadly with anything not just handguns, and there is no room for being presumptuous and thinking that nothing bad will ever happen.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
One word comes to mind: [email protected]$$!

My prayers are with the precious young lady who was critically injured by this thoughtless and careless man's deeds.

Reactions: CNCSC

·
Administrator
39,354 Posts
Way to go, Zambrana! What an advertisment for concealed permit holders, and reasons why they should be allowed to carry in certain places! :sad:

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
If you're going to carry in church...

...then leave the damn thing in it's holster. For one thing they call it concealed carry because nobody is supposed to know it's there - so don't tell. For another thing, it prevents this kind of thing from happening, which gives us ALL a black eye - Pastor's daughter accidentally shot in church

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Things like this really tick me off! The state of Florida requires a firearms safety class with a certified instructor or military or hunter safety training as a standard fro a CCW application. As such, every CCW holder should have a clear understanding of how to load and unload their weapon safely. You can't really train people to think about what's appropriate or not I guess but stepping into a closet at church to show off your gun is STUPID! Not knowing how to properly clear your weapon before surrendering it for examination is also STUPID and completely unacceptable. These kinds of things should never happen and when they do they make all gun owners look bad. I sincerely hope this young lady recovers with no lasting issues, although that is probably not likely. This guy needs to have his license pulled and he should be held accountable for the resulting accident.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree 199% If you are going to carry at church ( as I do ) leave the damn thing where it belongs. That was total negligance on his part i mean what moron hands someone a gun withought clearing it first takeing the mag out isnt ehough you need to open the chamber and make damn sure its clear first. U hand me a gun with the chamber closed and you are going to get a piece of my mind ask my husband hell tell ya I think they ought to take his permit Pure stupidity

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
People get stupid around guns, I guess...I don't want anyone to know what, if, or, when, I'm carrying, wherever I am....

·
Registered
147 Posts
What an idiot! This guy should be charged with manslaughter, at the very least should loose his right to conceal carry forever! I was always taught the first thing you do when handling a weapon is to check if it's loaded and to always treat it as if it is.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Sometimes you can't fix stupid. I agree that this guy should have his CCW revoked since he has demonstrated an inability to handle a weapon properly. Unloading it prior to handing it to someone else is basic gun safety 101.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Unbelievable. And you wonder why many churches whose state has carry laws ban them on the premises. It's another instance of a goober ruining things for the rest of us.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Forget the church aspect, no matter where you are in leave it holstered unless you are going to use it or take it out to clean it or something, and always check the chamber!

I wish the girl well!

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The poor lady may wind up handicapped, or she may eventually die, due to the stupidity of this ignoramus! :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts