Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Sorry, intelligence is not a factor in the right to own a gun as it is not a factor in ones right to vote.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I hate it for her family, but it really is natural selection at it's finest.

I'm only guessing, but sh'e waving the pistol around with her finger on the trigger, he ducks out of the way, and when he hits the car in front of him, she squeezes the trigger during the jolt of impact.

First off, the "I'm ready for Ferguson" statement while waving a loaded gun shows her maturity level, or rather, the lack of.

As much as I fully support the 2nd Amendment, maybe a 8 hour gun safety or common sense class should be required before buying one.

·
22,836 Posts
If you're dumb enough to wave a loaded gun around for no reason while driving, no training course is going to fix that caliber of stupid.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
She should have just stuck with the 1st Amendment and made a fool of herself by speaking out; choosing to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights entails much greater responsibility and training, not to mention much worse potential consequences... reminds me of an expression/proverb, "better to sound a fool than blow off the top of your head and remove all doubt". whistling-1.gif

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
It appears this is said woman, arguing with the police earlier this year

B3K6RqiCQAEkRbf.jpg

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sad situation.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
This is what happens when you get your gun handling instructions from TV and music.

I do tend toward thinking that a gun safety course should be offered with new gun purchases. I wont say required (even though in some cases, such as this one, it might be a good thing) but at the very least, a question should be asked, have you ever owned a gun, yes, no, if no then the store should work with a local range, and say, we have a safety course that teaches you among other things how to clean your new gun, and would have range time so you can learn to shoot it.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
At least she only shot herself. I know that sounds cold, and I really do feel bad for her family and the boyfriend who was there. But the reality is she could have harmed an innocent person, and in my personal opinion that would have been far worse.

Reactions: G8R8U2

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I hate it for her family, but it really is natural selection at it's finest.

I'm only guessing, but sh'e waving the pistol around with her finger on the trigger, he ducks out of the way, and when he hits the car in front of him, she squeezes the trigger during the jolt of impact.

First off, the "I'm ready for Ferguson" statement while waving a loaded gun shows her maturity level, or rather, the lack of.

As much as I fully support the 2nd Amendment, maybe a 8 hour gun safety or common sense class should be required before buying one.
I was trying come up with a common sense answer but you can't fix stupid! One of the rules stating "Don't point a gun at nothing you're not willing to destroy" keeps coming to mind. Maybe they didn't pay attention to them?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, an incentive to get new gun owners to learn a little about safety would go a long way. To first time gun buyer "Congratulations, we would like to thank you for choosing to buy your first handgun from our store with a FREE safety instruction course, FREE range time to start shooting, and your first box of ammo FREE!" I bet more people would take such a course if you stuck "free stuff" into it.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
At least she only shot herself. I know that sounds cold, and I really do feel bad for her family and the boyfriend who was there. But the reality is she could have harmed an innocent person, and in my personal opinion that would have been far worse.

No that makes perfect sense.

At least she, by her own accord, only hurt herself and not anybody else who had no control over her.

She went down by her own actions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts