Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im semi new to handgun genre, i purchased a pt111 in december and love it i have over 2000 rounds of wwb through it w/o a ftf. however with ammo getting expensive i have been considering downgrading to wolf ammo with either polymer coating or steel jacket but i have heard from many that wolf ammo is horrible and innaccurate, ( and that it smells) i dont care about smell but i wanted other opinions on quality of ammo and if it is worth the money saved.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I have put a hundred or so round of Wolf steel thru my PT, and it was not worse cleaning than with remington 115's. But I bought the remingtons for less than the cost of the wolfs, and I bought in bulk on them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
A buddy of mine bought them and shot them through his glock. His fingers where black after loading the magazine. He said he noticed a difference with the ammo, not necessarily a good difference. As for cleaning it it didnt seem that dirty, but according to him dirtier than normal. I dont use them for the main reason that everyone says metal as oppossed to brass will wear down the gun quicker. Thats what I've heard there may or may not be fact behind that.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
In the last week I've fired over 300rds. of Wolf. No problems whatsoever. I will buy more when I have depleted the 2000rds. I bought last week. It is just as accurate as WWB.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've used Wolf in the past with no issues. I've heard some say it's not loaded consistently so some rounds seem to be hotter than others but I've never thought that. On the other hand, I've never chronographed any either so can't say definitively.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
rwcreigh said:
is it ok to shoot steel casings though a 24/7?i thought i heard somewhere that its not good on them.
You have a lifetime waranty. What are you worried about? The only thing I don't like is the extra cleaning. But that's not a big deal either. I'm used to it with my SKS and AKs. Wolf is the only ammo I've fed them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts