Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I shoot tons of Wolf ammo in 9mm, 45cal, 223, 7.62x39 and 308. and have never had a bad round or any kind of trouble with any firearm shooting. I've heard that it is horrible, dirty ammo that will ruin a gun and blow up AR15 upper receivers... kind of sounds like the same BS from the Taurus bashers :-\

Are you just curious before you buy or are you a Wolf user? I usually buy 1000rds at a time, cheaper that way :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some on hand that I have been wanting to burn off.
Just didn't have a .45 to shoot it in. :)
I sold off my 1911s last year and have been just shooting 9mm. I have about 100 rounds of Wolf I bought cheap last year as range fodder. I reload so, mostly I just shoot my own hand loads.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've used Wolf 7.62x39 plenty of times, never had any problems... Your mileage my vary for .45 cal.

Wouldn't this thread go in the "Factory Ammo" section though?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigBadBull said:
I've used Wolf 7.62x39 plenty of times, never had any problems... Your mileage my vary for .45 cal.

Wouldn't this thread go in the "Factory Ammo" section though?
Mods move if needed...
I posted here because I was interested in 24/7s using wolf ammo. Not Taurus pistols in general.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I've used it in 9mm, 45acp, 9x18, 7.62x54 and some 223. I've never had an issue with it.

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I use Wolf 45 acp in my Bersa and Ruger with no problems at all. It was recommended by my dealer who's an ex-military guy who really knows his stuff. If it wasn't good, he wouldn't even sell it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've used Wolf 9mm in my Glock 19 and my XD-9 (no longer with me). Never had a problem with over 1000 rounds combined in both guns.

·
Registered
325 Posts
shot 100 rounds thru my 24/7 two weeks ago, no problems. people say they are dirtier but i did not notice more than normal. not a bad ammo for the price if your just going to the range with it. just my opinion, i wouldnt carry it around in my gun all the time.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I use their .223 & 7.62x39 and haven't had any problems with it. In fact I'll be buying more of each soon.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
I bought several boxes of 124 gr 9mm, and they ran fine. I would buy more in a heart beat, as locally 124 gr or more is hard to find unless you want to pay premium prices.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have used it in my PT1911 with nary a problem. Going to shoot up a couple of boxes this weekend cause there's about 18"s of snow on the level and I don't want to loose my brass cases.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
I don't shoot steel cased ammo in any of my guns it screwed up a vary good 45 Llama it was vary tight and was made in the 80's it was an excellent gun and could shoot the X out of a target at 25 yrds steel case rounds have a laquer on them and can build up in the chamber you need to clean the rounds with alcohol and keep your chamber clean there is a special tool for the 45 and I imagine other cal. the wolf brass rounds don't have any problems and are a good buy. the steel rounds work fine in any guns made in east bloc countries like the AK,SKS and so on. I tried some in a Kimber and by the third round I hade FTE. I talked witt a good gunsmith about this and he was the one that told me about the laquer.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The older Wolf ammo had the lacquer coating. The newer stuff has a powder coating that doesn't built up. I only used the lacquer stuff in Soviet designed weapons.

Steelheart

·
32,481 Posts
But could you hold your lacquer.. er... liquor? Sorry folks. That was just sitting there and had to take the shot. However Taurus_9mm's title as " The Sit Down Comic" is not in jeopardy at this time.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
hey Qwiks I do the best I can 31 years of buiding cars takes it's toll on your typing. i'm lucky to get a sentance out, but I can put one hell of alot of parts on an engine in 30 seconds LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts