Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally starting to have work withdrawals. For the past 18 or so months I have been working nearly everyday. Monday - Thursday from 8 AM to 11 PM, Friday and Saturday from 8 AM to midnight, Sunday from 6 AM to 11 PM. Okay Monday - Friday from 8AM to 5 PM was my day job, the other hours I say working but really mean available for work, on call ready to go within a minute. Self employed work, every once in a while on the weekend I would take a day off or a partial day. I did not have to work all those hours I choose to to help get caught up on some of my financial goals before I can't do those kind of hours.

This past month has all but killed my self employed work. A little here, a little there. Definitely spending a whole bunch more time at home however keeping my name and my availability out there so when things return to normal I'm not starting over.

Well this evening it really hit me, dang I miss being out there hustling and working.

·
21,944 Posts
I don't know how people who've really had to isolate have done it. I'd have gone totally insane, a huge change from my usual 98% insane.

I've been keeping my team running telecommuting with occasional trips to work... I went from "hey, I'm at home with my dogs - cool!" to "gad, I miss my friends at work - I'd love to go back to seeing them every day - when will this end!?" to "you know, this ain't that bad."

New Mexico is just starting to take baby steps toward normal. Long term, I could go for one or two days a week of telecommuting. The dogs are going to be furious when this is all over, I'll tell you that.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Premium Member
12,524 Posts
I'm retired and usually home with the best company a man can have, my dogs. My Wife and Son are both usually at work, but this shutdown has them home as well so there's more company here now than usual. I'm keeping busy finishing up an addition that I built and there's plenty of yard work that always needs doing so I'm just fine in my little corner of the world. I can't say that I'm suffering from this shutdown, but I do feel bad for those that are.

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
Aside from masks and gloves and sanitizer and soap, It's like any other time for me with work. Sure the amount of work has increased pretty heavily but it's no different than when we have a any other deployment where everything ramps up. The only real difference is I get to go home nightly and have home cooked meals so there's no sleeping in my office and eating MREs.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
18,486 Posts
Wanna know who's suffering least during this isolation thing? Introverts. How do I know? I'm one of 'em.
:huh:...I thought an introvert was a guitarist that screws-up the first few bars of Funk #49.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
794 Posts
I got word yesterday that I will be going back to work on a shortened schedule on Monday.
I'm pretty happy about that.
The downside to going back is that I have a monster bathroom project that's not finished. So, that's gonna take longer to finish.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Hopefully your work situation will turn around quickly.

I haven't had much of an issue with the stay at home thing. I agree with what TnC says about introverts. I get way more than enough "people" time with 40 hours a week with co-workers. Other than that the social distancing thing at the grocery store is no big deal. I can still go to the gun club except all of the various matches have of course been cancelled.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
My boss says I'm essential... or expendable, not sure which it was. So off to work I go.

About half of my shop decided they would sit this out, so the load shifts to those who remain. :(

I'm pretty wiped out by the end of the week.

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
My boss says I'm essential... or expendable, not sure which it was. So off to work I go.

About half of my shop decided they would sit this out, so the load shifts to those who remain. :(

I'm pretty wiped out by the end of the week.
You sure have a funny way of spelling Sacrificial. ;)

Reactions: Bellows1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts