Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOURCES: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...line-uniform-pics-sexy-site-article-1.2029097

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-alongside-raunchy-poses-Instagram-sites.html

Female cops facing discipline by NYPD for posting sexy pictures on Instagram

• Officers have posted images of themselves wearing the badge alongside racy photos on the social media accounts
  • The photos have appeared on profiles including 'Blueline Beauties'
  • Uploads violate the force's social media policy put in place in 2013
  • Strict guidelines state officers cannot post photos of themselves wearing uniform unless at official ceremonies
  • Policewomen from around the country have also been featured on the page

instagram2n-10-web.jpg

By Wills Robinson for MailOnline

Published: 19:00 EST, 1 December 2014 | Updated: 23:59 EST, 1 December 2014

A group of female NYPD officers are facing disciplinary action after photos of them in uniform were posted on sexy Instagram account.

The policewomen posted photos of themselves posing away from work alongside images of them wearing their badges - allegedly violating the department's social media policy.

The collection of shots, which have appeared alongside other officers from around the country, are then turning up on sites such as Blueline Beauties which describes itself as being: 'Dedicated to Law Enforcement Women'.

23A61E4400000578-0-image-1_1417474695820.jpg
One of the female officers posted a picture of herself with Santa Claus pin above her badge alongside one of her on a night out. They could face disciplinary action for violating NYPD social media policy

23A66E2D00000578-0-image-4_1417476256774.jpg

The policewomen involved are allegedly breaking the department's social media regulations because they are uploading photos of themselves away from official ceremonies

Those who want to be featured on the profile have to send in their pictures.

One of officers had a Santa badge pinned above her suit with an accompanying snap of her wearing a tiny black dress, showing off a tattoo on her thigh.

Another took a selfie while wearing uniform and sent it in along with a shot flaunting her cleavage and another pursing her lips while preparing for a night out.

The New York Daily News reported that cops are not allowed to take photos of themselves in uniform and post them online unless they are at official ceremonies.

The force began issuing guidelines for how officers should use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites in 2013.

An internal order revealed members of the nation's largest police department to be careful with what they reveal online.

It includes being vigilant when identifying themselves with the force.

The document stated that officers 'are to exercise good judgment and demonstrate professionalism expected of them while performing their official duties.'

It also warns that 'personal social media sites may be used against them to undermine the credibility of the department, interfere with official police business, compromise ongoing investigations and affect their employment status.'

23A61E5100000578-0-image-2_1417474968606.jpg
The cops could be punished as a result of the actions, with the severity ranging from the loss of vacation days to termination from the force

The same year, Mail Online revealed that an investigation had begun into NYPD officers posing alongside force patrol cars and motorcycles on their dating profiles.

In a statement in response to the probe, John J. McCarthy, NYPD Deputy Commissioner, said: 'Members of the Police Department are prohibited from posting photographs of themselves in uniform without the prior authorization.

'This does not include photographs taken during official department ceremonies. This directive is in compliance with the New York City Social Media Policy and is in part intended to protect officers from divulging identifying information on social media sites that may endanger officer safety.

Breach of these guidelines can result in harsh disciplinary action including termination. However sources told the Daily News that the female officers involved could lose 10 days vacation.

It is unknown whether officers from other departments around the country could be punished as the policies vary between forces.

According to the Baltimore Sun the city's police department do not regulate their use of social media.

23A61E2200000578-0-image-3_1417475723023.jpg
Cops from around the country, including this one from Baltimore PD, have also sent their pictures to the profile for them to be uploaded. Policies regarding social media vary between departments across the country

Other images:

http://static1.nydailynews.com/polo...derivatives/article_970/instagram2n-9-web.jpg

http://static2.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2029090.1417461800!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/instagram2n-8-web.jpg

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
We have had a few people get into trouble at work. They posted pictures of themselves at work. Our bosses thought that they should have been working, not taking selfies.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I don't FB or any of the others any more. Last job interview I had the gal who interviewed me said right off the bat she'd viewed my FB page & LinkedIn and I thought it was creepy. I did take the job, but have deleted my LI account and don't post on FB any more, and only "friend" family.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
If the department was smart they put together a calendar. I bet they'd make a killing! :D:D:D

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the department was smart they put together a calendar. I bet they'd make a killing! :D:D:D
Our local fire department does an annual beefcake (and cheese cake) calendar for a charitable fund raiser. They have a tie-in with a major local chain (franchise) restaurant where they wait on the tables during lunch on a specific day, with all proceeds and tips going to the selected charities; the restaurant donates the food and basic labor, the fire fighters serve, fill tea glasses, etc. Calendars are sold at the lunch as well as online and from participating retailers.

The restaurant takes care of any displaced wait staff during the day the firefighters are serving, so the employees are not hurt financially.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
It would appear that there is yet another reason why New York has such Draconian gun laws. It appears that the last outpost of Puritanism exists in it's leadership. Back when they actually were relevant, one or two shots were the norm in firearms. I'm sure that the regulations were only grudgingly increased to seven rounds.

If members of the force are going to have to get permission for photos to be used in their personal lives, perhaps the policy should be amended to restrict the non-permissive use of them by the Department during non-duty status, as well? When they attend many functions, they are presenting themselves as private citizens, even in uniform, supporting some non-departmental political position. Where's the actual difference?

As long as the pictures don't violate community standards, they will only be limiting their own futures. Once the stupid ones slap their faces, and other parts, across the Internet, they make themselves ineligible for undercover positions, and could be prevented from holding positions that might be compromised if those same pictures surfaced. Sort of a Darwinian thing. Same effect may well be encountered with the idiotic insistence on "body cams". Nothing like hanging out the undercover officers by videotaping them accidentally by their own people using those cams.

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
I don't FB or any of the others any more. Last job interview I had the gal who interviewed me said right off the bat she'd viewed my FB page & LinkedIn and I thought it was creepy. I did take the job, but have deleted my LI account and don't post on FB any more, and only "friend" family.
Ma Ma sez FaceBook be ob de devil!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I really don't care for the whole selfie thing with people acting stupid and trying to look special. Most just look stupid and act "special".

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, I did not see anything wrong with those pictures, but rules are rules and if you want to be employed by the NYPD or any other company that have those rules, then you should not violate them. When you take the job, you agree to conform to their rules and policies. ........Now, I bet the ladies are looking for those beef cake photos!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
So, it is against the rules for lady cops to have their picture taken, off and on duty?

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
My only question would be, "Cuffs in the front or cuffs in the back?".... ;)

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
It would appear that there is yet another reason why New York has such Draconian gun laws. It appears that the last outpost of Puritanism exists in it's leadership. Back when they actually were relevant, one or two shots were the norm in firearms. I'm sure that the regulations were only grudgingly increased to seven rounds.

If members of the force are going to have to get permission for photos to be used in their personal lives, perhaps the policy should be amended to restrict the non-permissive use of them by the Department during non-duty status, as well? When they attend many functions, they are presenting themselves as private citizens, even in uniform, supporting some non-departmental political position. Where's the actual difference?

As long as the pictures don't violate community standards, they will only be limiting their own futures. Once the stupid ones slap their faces, and other parts, across the Internet, they make themselves ineligible for undercover positions, and could be prevented from holding positions that might be compromised if those same pictures surfaced. Sort of a Darwinian thing. Same effect may well be encountered with the idiotic insistence on "body cams". Nothing like hanging out the undercover officers by videotaping them accidentally by their own people using those cams.
You make a good point!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I never thought I'd liked to get pinched by them before all this BS.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
The only anti-LEO sentiment is from the Lib media, race baiters and 47%-ers (takers)... And I could give hoot about their sentiment

I wager the rest of us... OVER 50%.... are supportive of LEO and the military, etc etc

let the lefties march... our criminal justice system works

1 - 20 of 21 Posts