Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laugh at how many guns are on my wish list... (My wife isn't laughing)

on my list not because I need them... Just interested in owning and shooting and giving them a try as a member of my assortment

I may have to trade some of my existing firearms to give these a try... But dang... Letting go of anything is hard...

a .45 Colt lever gun (brand indifferent... But leaning toward Rossi)
a judge (chamber/barrel length/finish tbd... Just looking for a deal, but not finding any)
a compact, easily carried .45 (got any suggestions?) xds? 24/7 g2?
a bullpup rifle of some sort (caliber tbd... They just look fun!)
a .44 mag s&w model 29 6.5" blued... Someday
a curve

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
From your list to mine:

Rossi Model 92 .45 Colt, I want
Have a judge, fun, don't shoot it enough
Suggest the PT-145, I have one, great gun
Currently no interest in a bullpup if I shoot one I might change my mind
Shot a few .44 mag's just have not caught the I want one bug yet
I hope the Curve comes out as planned in mid Feb, I will get one.

In addition my list consists of:

AK-47
M-1 .22lr
S/A .45 Colt
Rossi .22lr Revolver 6" barrel
.50 BMG (I can dream)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I am going to honestly try to stick to the commitment I made in another thread, and that is to limit my firearms acquisition to just one handgun in 2015...the Taurus Curve .380ACP.

That being said...as far as a "wish list" acquisition goes, I would truly like to own another Taurus M66 .357 Mag revolver. I traded my blued one for another firearm that I felt I could not live without. ;)

And...another Taurus PT1911 to replace the one that was donated as a door prize at the South Dakota meet.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Due to home repairs, I to will be limited to 1 gun this year. A S&W AR if I can swing it. If I go way over budget, I have always wanted a Bersa .380

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I would like a 7.62/.308 rifle of some sort. Either a Springfield Scout Squad rifle or an AR-10 of some sort.

Reactions: darbo and MilProGuy

·
8,393 Posts
My list is a little shorter:

Buy a Baby Eagle to keep my wife's company - May get it tomorrow if the shipment comes in at my LGS - it is on sale this week for $569 - $60 less than what I paid for one two weeks ago - so LGS has issued me a credit for the diff. Plan on using that to help fund another one.

Don't hate me - but am looking at a S&W Governor - I traded my Judge last year to fund my PT1911 - Kinda want another Judge - but getting 6 shots and ability to use 45acp makes the decision hard. I held a Governor a few weeks ago and man it fits my hands great.

Either a S&W 9mm shield or Taurus 111 G2

And if an insurance settlement comes through am looking for a 18-20" barrel A10 - either S&W MP , Bushmaster , or Windham - we'll see.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Oh wow - we're dreaming here, right? I love to dream and hunt for unusual models - it's the buying that costs $$$!

I'd like a nice Rossi revolver in 22lr, old or new; and how about one of the new baby 380 1911's by Browning or Rock Island? A Raging Bull in .454 to keep our 44mag Bull company; and a Taurus 44sp revolver for me!

Silverstring - I got to shoot our friend's BIG Eagle in 357 yesterday (got 4 rnds in a 2" paster at 25') and from your posts I do believe that I would looooove a Baby Eagle in 9mm, too! If I was to shoot that big Eagle regularly, I would have to increase my weight lifting reps!

Fish - I have an Erma EM 1 carbine in 22lr from the 1960's that is heavy as heck, but cool to shoot - but I'd like to handle one of those new 22lr M1's myself!

MPG Harry - I love the older 6 shot M66's!! What would you like? Blue or ss, shiny or matt, 4" or 6"?

Dreaming is the stuff my life is made of! :)

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
My list has become very short do to funding..Ar or an ak platform rifle will do me..;)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I you don't mind feeding it some expensive 5.7, try a P-90. Crazy accurate, and lots of fun. The only bullpup design I've shot, myself.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
All I can say is GO FOR IT, everyone of you Go 4 IT. If you want it, JUST DO IT. You only go around once, you can't take it with you, so while it's still legal, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN.

Just be safe and be sure to come back and post your good times here with the rest of us. And PLEASE bring photos, I'll even put my glasses on to get a good look.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
MPG Harry - I love the older 6 shot M66's!! What would you like? Blue or ss, shiny or matt, 4" or 6"?

Dreaming is the stuff my life is made of! :)
Good morning, Little Sister. :wave: We are still dreamin' here, right?

If I could find a nice used M66, (or an M65) the finish wouldn't matter. The 4" barrel would be my preferred modus operandi, but the right deal on a 6" barrel would receive thoughtful consideration. :happy2:

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Good morning, Little Sister. :wave: We are still dreamin' here, right?

If I could find a nice used M66, (or an M65) the finish wouldn't matter. The 4" barrel would be my preferred modus operandi, but the right deal on a 6" barrel would receive thoughtful consideration. :happy2:
Well MPG, there IS a Santa Claus!! Keep the faith!!

All I can say is GO FOR IT, everyone of you Go 4 IT. If you want it, JUST DO IT. You only go around once, you can't take it with you, so while it's still legal, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN.
JRJ - that is one of the most important reasons in a nutshell! I think our industry - the firearm industry, is probably one of the few not suffering from a severe economic downturn!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I dream of a Mauser C96 broom handle. That and an AK pistol with a Sig brace. Realistically, I probably won't get anything.

Reactions: Sekol and MilProGuy

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
It's never about need, it's only about want

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Wish List

Hmmm?

Since we're gonna "WISH"

HANDGUNS
1. Another two inch .38 spl. S&W Model 12 Airweight that some un-named family member borrowed & never returned.
2. A .38 spl. S&W J framed Model 37 Airweight
3. A stainless steel .45 ACP 1911 Government model to replace the one I sold to a friend in 1985.

RIFLES
1. A .308 Springfield M1A SoCom AKA shorty commercial M-14.
2. A .308 on an AR platform
3. A .223 Mossberg bolt action MVP Patrol

SHOTGUNS
1. A Yildiz 12 ga. Over/Under to compliment my light weight 20 ga. of the same ilk.
2. An 18 in. screw in choke barrel for my Stoeger M-3000 Inertia Action 12 ga. auto
3. A 20 ga. Remington M-870 pump to round out my 20 ga. battery

Attachments

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,871 Posts
Ok, I want:
a PT 99 in stainless
a Thompson Contender G 2 in 308, 556, or any pistol cal
a Sig P220
more pistol powder
more range time

I think the first three will be more easily obtained.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
To the OP, I would give the Kahr CW45 a gander for a easily concealable .45. I feel like all I do is promote the Kahr .45s on here these days but I love mine that much. It's the most satisfying firearms purchase I've ever made, a really well made pistol at a price point that no one else is matching with that type of quality.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts