Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the tragic shooting over the weekend US Senator from Wisconsin Tammy Baldwin (D) has just released a statement calling for more and stricter gun legislation. She is running for re-election. I do not have the news release but this was just put out on WTMJ 620 radio on todays Jeff Wagner show.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Dems just can't help trying to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory, can they? If they would keep their mouths shut and just let the current blame game try to land this shooting at the feet of Republican supporters, they might gain a couple of points in the elections. But when they open their mouth like that, it doesn't help their cause at all.

·
Super Moderator
38,242 Posts
She's speaking to her base to get them out to vote on the gun grabber issue. Her opponent should chastise her for using a tragedy to gin up votes.

This will go to Politics fast if we go beyond the 2nd Amendment issue.

·
Registered
15,413 Posts
Sad that we even have a 2nd Amendment if it's got no teeth due to poor "interpretations" of it. Maybe someone can educate the Senator of the meaning behind the 2nd Amendment and well, the oath she took to hold office.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She claims to be a gun owner and shooter but yet she consistently supports restrictions. She is also the incumbent and is leading by 6%. She really hasn't done much in the US Senate and is no friend to gun rights and doesn't try to hide it. She is one of those Sensible Gun Restriction Supporters.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will go to Politics fast if we go beyond the 2nd Amendment issue.
Just putting this out there to remind Wisconsin members what's at stake next week! Please turn out!!!!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Following the tragic shooting over the weekend US Senator from Wisconsin Tammy Baldwin (D) has just released a statement calling for more and stricter gun legislation. She is running for re-election. I do not have the news release but this was just put out on WTMJ 620 radio on todays Jeff Wagner show.
Did anyone ask her what specific gun legislation would've prevented this shooting? Because I haven't heard of anything yet where the guy was prohibited in any way from passing a background check or owning firearms prior to this shooting. Even an ERPO r/t his last social media post wouldn't have stopped this guy because the police probably wouldn't have had time to enforce one.

·
Super Moderator
38,242 Posts
She claims to be a gun owner and shooter but yet she consistently supports restrictions. She is also the incumbent and is leading by 6%. She really hasn't done much in the US Senate and is no friend to gun rights and doesn't try to hide it. She is one of those Sensible Gun Restriction Supporters.
Ahaaa...One of those "common sense" gun grabbers. :mad:

Just putting this out there to remind Wisconsin members what's at stake next week! Please turn out!!!!
That's why it is still here. Let's talk about gun grabbing pols and how we need to vet anyone that we vote for in that regard. My caveat was to stay away from specific parties or other patterns of their behavior. I suppose that there are Republicans who want or say they want "common sense" gun control also. To be fair, there are also Democrats who support the 2nd Amendment as written, but are forced to vote party line for other consideration such as contribution or committee assignments.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A persons political affiliation doesn't necessarily put them on one side of the other in the gun debate. I know of many D's that are gun owners and enjoy shooting just as I know some R's that want nothing to do with firearms. My brother whom you met back in July is a life long democrat. Yet he owns more guns than I do!

To this day I do not believe anyone has described just what "Common Sense" gun laws exactly are. To me a common sense gun law would be that everyone is required to know how to use one, and use it safely! Doesn't mean you need to own one. I also do have a belief that many anti gun people just have a fear of guns because they have never been exposed to any and the line from the Batman movie comes to mind, "People Fear What They Do Not Know!" I know my wife had a fear of guns before I showed her and instructed her on proper safety. But we Digress.

I for the 1st time in a long time see things in this country moving in a positive direction. No I do not agree with all things but we are moving and things are not stagnant. Yes I and my family are better off today than we were 5 years ago. And yes some of that has to do with the local political climate as well. Take care of home 1st which in this case for me starts with Wisconsin. Know what's going on in your state? County? Village?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts