Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are unaware of how Wisconsin Stated they would honor a Florida permit I won’t go into the particulars but they have posted an update. Now Wisconsin is stating the following on how they will honor a FL License:

Florida license ISSUED OR RENEWED TO NON-FLORIDA RESIDENTS ON OR AFTER 08/01/2013.

You can see it at https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/conceal-carry/reciprocity Handgunlaw.us is not aware of WHY this change was made and why it is only FL Licenses issued to Non-Residents that will be honored.

·
Super Moderator
19,886 Posts
As always, we appreciate Gary’s commitment to keeping us updated.

I hit the link provided and he ain’t whistling Dixie. Wisconsin has some weird reciprocity idiosyncrasies.

Attachments

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ricky Ricardo had a quote that is appropriate; "Lucy you got some splainin to do!"

·
Super Moderator
19,886 Posts
Particularly wonder how Wisconsin chooses who and why to reciprocate with anyone. Georgia, for example, doesn’t have “Extended” or “Enhanced” categories of licensure. In fact, Ga has no requirement for classroom training and no requirement for firearms training and/or shooting qualifications. I figured we would be the least likely to be honored by any other state except if the other state had no classroom/proficiency evaluation built in. Basically, pass a GBI level (Ga Bureau of Investigation) background check and you’re good for your GWCL - if you’re > 21, of course.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speaking of spider webs! If you go to Handgunlaw.us and click on Create a Map in the left column this page comes up
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/CreateAMapNotice.pdf This notice page comes up as no map can tell you all the quirks in how some states honor another state.
This page list all the quirks in how states honor each other. It is worth the read.

·
Super Moderator
19,886 Posts
I just relooked at the page Gary referred to in his second link above. There is a ton of non logic and lack of common sense in how the intricacies of interstate honor is written.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts