Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I commented on this before but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Last Sunday I started in a local winter rifle league that is open to any shooter and any caliber through 30cal. We will be shooting 10 weeks with a combination of 100yd., 200 yd., and 300 yd.. The league is now entering it's 7th year.

There are 19 shooters. 4 of us new to the league this year, there are 2 returning ladies and a new comer young teen that is shooting with his parents. Then there are 7 experienced competitive shooters that travel to tourney's during the summer. As far as I can figure out I am probably the lest experienced of the group and am the only shooter shooting a 223 bolt rifle. Most are shooting some form of 6mm or 6.5 and then 3 shooting 308. Only one member shooting an AR platform.

Now the results of last weeks opening session which the target was an Official 100 Yard I.B.S. Hunter Rifle target;
2 way tie for the lead @ 192/200
3rd. one of the ladies @ 191/200
4th our new teen @ 198/200
5th, two way tie, leagues previous 2 seasons winner @ 188/200 and another RO and new member @ 188/200
-
-
15th, ME! I'm not last!!!! Though I sure did have a great time even with the temps @ 15* with a heavy quartering wind.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Keep up the good work sir. You have more guts than I do going out shooting in those cold temps.

·
Super Moderator
39,243 Posts
Sounds like fun, but with the temperatures the way they've been I would look like Ralphie's brother out there. Quartering wind indeed! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like fun, but with the temperatures the way they've been I would look like Ralphie's brother out there. Quartering wind indeed! :rolleyes:
Only took us about 1 hour to get everyone set up with benches and targets and then everyone was finished within 2 15min shooting cycles.

First week is the only time we will shoot as a complete group the rest can be shot any day the range id open. There is also allowance to shoot one week ahead or one week behind.

Was going to shoot today (38* light wind) but instead I am under the kitchen sink repairing a faucet.

·
Registered
37,336 Posts
Keep up the good work sir. You have more guts than I do going out shooting in those cold temps.

well you just have to suck it up and drive through the discomfort!
Just today i took my 300 Blackout to the range and ran 100 rounds through it and the temperature was set at 70 inside the range, although i do believe it was cooler than that actually.

• Wow
Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just today i took my 300 Blackout to the range and ran 100 rounds through it and the temperature was set at 70 inside the range, although i do believe it was cooler than that actually.
70* indoors is not quite the same as 15* outdoors with a steady 15mph wind. I think you should come join us!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,710 Posts
You didn't give your score, and that's ok. Just improve each time and remember, "It's supposed to be fun".
Vertebrate Cartoon Organism Mammal Happy

Your #4 -Teen shooter shot 6 points better that the two tied for 1st? He should demand a recount!
😖

I wish we had shooters that wanted to shot a league. Many say they want to but on shooting day they are a "no show".
Hair Nose Facial expression Cartoon Vertebrate

·
Super Moderator
39,243 Posts
I've been watching the SE weather, you are going to get a taste O the North!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
702 Posts
Only took us about 1 hour to get everyone set up with benches and targets and then everyone was finished within 2 15min shooting cycles.

First week is the only time we will shoot as a complete group the rest can be shot any day the range id open. There is also allowance to shoot one week ahead or one week behind.

Was going to shoot today (38* light wind) but instead I am under the kitchen sink repairing a faucet.
Hate to tell ya, but the faucet's on Top of the sink! Just sayin.......

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hate to tell ya, but the faucet's on Top of the sink! Just sayin.......
Yet all the connections are UNDER the sink.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You didn't give your score, and that's ok. Just improve each time and remember, "It's supposed to be fun".

Your #4 -Teen shooter shot 6 points better that the two tied for 1st? He should demand a recount!
😖

I wish we had shooters that wanted to shot a league. Many say they want to but on shooting day they are a "no show".
My dyslexia struck again, #4 score actually was 189 not 198.
My score was an exciting 159. which is 10 below the person above me and 12 above the person below me. And 66 above last place.

The whole league shoots as a group only once, the first week, after that you may shoot your league target and day the range is open. Just have to alert the RO that you are shooting the league target and then they sign it once finished. So yes the league is very informal and they do rather rely on the "honor system" It is a great group of people.

·
Registered
37,336 Posts
70* indoors is not quite the same as 15* outdoors with a steady 15mph wind. I think you should come join us!

NO!!!!
I am frum the south!
and you get quite a wind Chill at 70 with those big old exhaust fans going so there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts