Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyome heard of these guys yet?
I fondled one of their rifles on Friday. After some extensive research friday night I went back and purchased their "MPC" model Saturday. Long story short this is the Bushmaster of old. Same quality of not better of their earlier models with some upgrades.
You can find oit aboit them here
Windham Weaponry Online -
I havent gotten pics yet but I did go out to the field yesterday just to see what ammo she would eat. I have to say with my plywood target set up at 100 yds and after shooting wverything from Tul .223 to custom loaded 5.56 and any and everthing in between I learned 3 things....
1. This is a quality AR that will eat anything and have 0 malfunctions in 900 rounds.
2. This weapon is highly accurate out of the box with a nice clean trigger. There was nothing left of my plywood target in the center where we were aiming.
3. With a price tag at $899.99 (969.69 with tax) it can not be beat.
The weapon is good to go as is, but has all the neccessary makings to be upgraded to anything you want it to be. Although I wasnt testing accurracy merely shooting to see what she liked and didnt like but highly accurate and reliable.
The rifle came with a decent plastic box, 1 30rd mag, removable A2 style carry handle with rail underneath to attach your optics, 6 position collasible stock, booklet and info regarding that a portion of the proceeds go to wounded warriors. The finish on the rifle is the deepest black I have ever seen and is far better than those of the old bushmasters. I highly reccommend anyone to check this platform out from Windham before making a decision on a purchase of any AR.
the company was reformed in September of 2011 and I have # 1813 that they have produced. I am more than ecstatic that I didnt wait to get this rifle.
I will have detailed pictures and a real range report in the next 2 weeks. Until then I will be working to stock up some more ammo.

PS. Idid a search on here for this company or their rifles but came up with nothing, if one exists already feel free to merge it.

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
My local FFL had a couple of these in his inventory. I'm not sure if he has sold them yet or not. But, he was pretty impressed with the overall quaility, fit and finish. He felt that the quality had been improved over the Bushmaster of old. I hope to see him tomorrow and take delivery of my S&W 1911 Series E, I'll try to remember to ask him if he has sold his stock or taken the time to fire one of them.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm not familiar with that brand...but it sure sounds like a winner! ;)

Reactions: IDLE and CNCSC

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not familiar with that brand...but it sure sounds like a winner! ;)
It was started by the former owner and CEO of bushmaster. Once his 5 year no competition clause was up with Cerberus (freedom group) and they moved Bushmaster to NY, essentially laying off all the Bushmaster employees. The former owner last September formed Wimdham Weaponry using the old Bushmaster plant, which he still owned rehired all former Bushmaster employees that were imterested and set out to make the "Best AR on the market"

Cool story to read about, and have to have some respect for this man for getting those people back to work.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Putting people back to work is a real good thing....

1.1 USA.gif

Reactions: IDLE

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
It was started by the former owner and CEO of bushmaster. Once his 5 year no competition clause was up with Cerberus (freedom group) and they moved Bushmaster to NY, essentially laying off all the Bushmaster employees. The former owner last September formed Wimdham Weaponry using the old Bushmaster plant, which he still owned rehired all former Bushmaster employees that were imterested and set out to make the "Best AR on the market"

Cool story to read about, and have to have some respect for this man for getting those people back to work.
Move a gun maker TO New Yawk, that sounds smart... for some reason I just never cared for freedom group, gives me one more reason why.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One other thing that makes them a little more special as a company is that a portion of the money I spent on my rifle goes to the wounded warrior project. I dont know if that is forr all their rifles but there was a little packet of information describing wounded warrior and how my money would help out. I also received a support the troops ribbon magnet. Pretty impressive for a re-start up company. I have to say the more I read about Windham the more I like them and my rifle.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
One other thing that makes them a little more special as a company is that a portion of the money I spent on my rifle goes to the wounded warrior project. I dont know if that is forr all their rifles but there was a little packet of information describing wounded warrior and how my money would help out. I also received a support the troops ribbon magnet. Pretty impressive for a re-start up company. I have to say the more I read about Windham the more I like them and my rifle.
Yeah when I get some money I might have to get one I'm wanting one more Ar15 before the elections...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It's good to know that the old Bushmaster people are once again making ARs -- I am sure that it is better than the current Bushmaster now owned by the conglomerate. It almost makes me wonder why the sold in the first place -- I suppose Cerebus sent them an offer they couldn't refuse.......

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Went as saw my FFL yesterday and asked him if he still had any of these tucked back in the safe. He said "Nope, sold everyone of em". He never even had the opportunity to try one out himself.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Move a gun maker TO New Yawk, that sounds smart... for some reason I just never cared for freedom group, gives me one more reason why.
Some might think that would keep them closer to the UN. :D

There web site looks good, but I don't need AR15. Hopefully they'll make a 6.8 soon.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went as saw my FFL yesterday and asked him if he still had any of these tucked back in the safe. He said "Nope, sold everyone of em". He never even had the opportunity to try one out himself.
That honestly does not surprise me at all. I held a Del-Ton and a Palmetto arms prior to this Windham and even though their prices are in the same ballpark, the others felt rather cheap once I held the Windham. I know this AR isnt the tip top but as far as quality goes, it is top notch. I have fired many in my time both civvy and select fire military weapons and this one is the one I would choose everytime.

I put another 200 rounds of cheap Tul .223 through it after work today. At 100 yds with the iron sights the thing is a tack driver. No malfunctions yet again. I really can not wait to get some premium rounds for it and see what she can really do, and just how far out she can stretch her reach accurately. I will keep you posted. And I should have replaced my computer after this weekend.....so the pics will be up soon.

FYI. We had a break in 2 weeks ago and I am waiting for the new laptop, theres a thread in the lounge on that though, just wanted to update those who didnt know cause I know some of us are picture junkies....;)

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah I'm certainly hearing nothing but good things about Windham that's for sure.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I have yet to get a new computer since the break in so still no pictures, however I now have upwards of 1000 rounds through this Windham and still no problems. Highly accurate out to 400 yards, I have no area to see how far she will reach out. But for me 400 yds is more than enough. After getting a good zero with my buddys cheap tasco scope, I sent 20 rounds downrange at 400 yds at a 4'x4' piece of plywood with an orange paper plate stapled to it sat at roughly 4' high. I could count 19 hits on the paper plate, the other round either keyholed or really took flight elsewhere. I was shooting Remimgton 55gr .223.
Put another orange plate on targer and shot 20 Tul .223 at the same range and had the same results except I found 20 holes in the plate.
after that we just had a bunch of fun shooting at a couple of old out buildings with the AR and our .45's....all in all a fun time until it started raining.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts