Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of 4 guns that I bought from an old local guy a couple of weeks ago. There were a bouple of beater military rifles that were 'Bubba" guns, a .303 Brit and an old 7X57 Muaser '95. Also a single shot .22. I really only wanted the Wincester, but had to get all 4 to get it. They had been used as hunting camp loaners and were being retired for the newer and more user friendly poly and black, low lallar, but good bolt actions that Wally World sells now. Anyway I was into the whole mess for 250. Got more that that ror the other three I didn't want and a cheapo 9 mil pistol in the swap. So this gun really cost less than nothing.

It is an updated versionof the Winchester Mod 69. The 72A is blue and walnut. It has a tube feed mag and a good solid bolt action. Not much wear on it. Just a few stock dings. Wish it had a scope rail, but only a few were made with it. It was made from 1938-59 and they were not serial # at all. It is an improved mddel 72. It will feed short, long and long rifle ammo. I fired it a few gimes and it worked. However, due to gluacoma I can not see the sights well enough to shoot a group with it. Wished it had the scope rail for that. Anyway, it was mostly for looking at not for shooting.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Oh that is a beauty! I love those Winchesters! Congratulations on your wise purchase!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new rifle.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
If you ever decide to sell that gun, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Very nice looking rifle.

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
The 72A's were great single shot 22's. I had one years ago. I ended up selling it and a marlin semi auto 22 LR(took a mag, not tube fed). It was a nail driver out to at least 75 yards using CCI stingers or Rem Yellow jackets.

·
22,034 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
You can replace the dovetail sights with fiber optic and that helps. PM me a email address and I will send you a photo of how to do a scout type scope mount. Can be done without modifications to rifle and use a handgun scope.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts