Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Has any of you ever used the Winchester Law Enforcement Ammo - Ranger? I seen the .40 cal, 155 JHP on sale at Cabelas's today for $14.99 for 50 rounds, I want to run it through my Taurus 24 / 7 Pro & was wondering if anyone else had ever used this? It is not my PP Ammo, just some shooting ammo!

Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The one you see at Cabela's is neither the SXT or T-series Ranger ammo. It's just a basic Winchester JHP packaged in a Ranger box to make it look more appealing.

The "good stuff" is marked "For Law Enforcement use only". (And you won't find it in Cabela's)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Hey Nypd, I was curious, do most LEO's use hollow points for "official" practice and training, or do they buy the regular round nose stuff too? It seams like a huge waste of money to burn up you duty loads, however it would make sense to avoid confusion and to ensure weapon reliability.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Ace...FMJ's or more likely TMJ's are used by most Depts. for practice. (We use Speer Lawman .40 S&W Clean-Fire rounds in my agency)

I have a deal with our rangemaster and he lets me choose if I want to use the Speer Gold Dots or the Lawman TMJ's. Majority of cops simply use the TMJ's since the Lawman ammunition is loaded to the specs of the Gold Dots.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
This may be a silly question, but what is the difference between Total Metal Jacket & Full Metal Jacket?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I think the TMJ has the base of the bullet enclosed with the gilding metal while a FMJ has exposed lead there. You won't see the difference unless you pull a bullet out of the case or if you recover a spent bullet after shooting it.

Steelheart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts