Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I load Winchester 000 buck in the 4510 3" cylinder I can not get the cylinder to rotate.The ammo does not state that is for pistols.All the other ammo works fine .It seems the rim on the shell is a little thicker causing this to happen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only 000 buck that is worth shooting out of the Judge is the Federal Premium 410 Handgun 000 buck, forget the rest.

·
Administrator
35,169 Posts
The only 000 buck that is worth shooting out of the Judge is the Federal Premium 410 Handgun 000 buck, forget the rest.
While I don't necessarily agree with this completely, I do think it's the ammo. Just like with pistols, it's not all created equal. And some of the 410 shot loads are made specifically with shotguns in mind. Having said that, some of them will work in the Judge......so I would say experiment with some different loads, but for self defense stick to the Federal 000 buck or the Winchester PDX loads.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you are putting 3" shells in the cylinder, I assume the the gun is the "Magnum" version, correct? You say the cylinder is 3", but do you mean the cylinder measures 3" inches or the gun has the 3" in magnum cylinder in which case is longer than 3"?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is the magnum.My friend has the same gun except it is not ss.I don't know what he is exactlt shooting thou.

·
Registered
86 Posts
First, try different 410 ammo. I have fired numerous brands and various loads of 410 ammo out of my Judges and some work/fit better than others.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've shot about 25 rounds of Winchester 3" 000 buck through mine with no problems. I just stopped buying it when federal started making Personal Defense Loads, and Winchester came out with the PDX. For 5 pellets of 000 Buck Federal is way cheaper, about 30-70 cents per round cheaper in my experiance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts