Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you like them?

How long have you had them?

How are they holding up?

What color(s) did you go with?

Why did you choose those colors?

If you had to do it again, would you choose the same color set up?

·
Registered
846 Posts
These sre good questions, since I've been thinking of getting some of these I look foward to the replies.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Don't have the Williams Firesights but I can answer the question about what colors I chose. On my XD-45 compact I bought tritium sights from Ameriglo. Instead of going all green like most do I decided on yellow rear and green front. Reason being in low light or dark situations you can pick up that green front sight a lot faster with the yellow rear dots. If they were all green you might have a more difficult time distinguishing between them.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I have a set of fiber optics on my Browning Hi-Power... red front and green rear. I have also replaced the front sight of my PT145 with a fiber optic in green since I picks up fast... I use it with the regular Heinie rear sight.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Rotorflyr said:
How do you like them?
I love them!

How long have you had them?
a few months now

How are they holding up?
the first set had a loose rear fiber optic after the first range trip, one call the Williams and 2 minutes on the phone and they shipped out a new rear sight free of charge and did not even say to send the other one back, new sight works great with over 300 rounds through the gun, its my carry 24/7 also and the sights hold up just great

What color(s) did you go with?
I got all green as shown in the picture below

Why did you choose those colors?
Im not a fan of red or 2 different colors so I went all green

If you had to do it again, would you choose the same color set up?
yep! unless I could get blue but I don't believe that is an option ;D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ordered them off the net Oct 16 and haven't received them yet. Tried calling Friday night but they were closed. Will try again Monday.
Ordered them with dovetails, didn't request any particular color.
First sights I've seen for the 3rd Gen dovetails for under $50.
Looks great on MPanova's gun.
Can't wait to try them out. :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm not MPanova but I think he has those on the 24/7. He has more pictures in that part of the forums. But the dovetail sights fit both the 24/7 and the 3rd gen milpro.
The part number from the downloadable catalog is 70897. The websight only shows the sights for 2nd gen(no dovetails) and has a catalog number of 70268.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks NYPD that's good info and does make since. I would also like to ask all that have put these sights on the Mill Pro's ( I have a PT140ss 3rd gen. ) how they have fit your gun? I have read different things on other replies.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have them now on my PT145. LOVE THEM. I have a thread with some pics of it on this forum when I had them on my PT111 before selling her.
Went with the Dual reds and single green, because I can lock on faster looking through the different colors at the target.
Only drawback, in a dark room with low light they are useless.

But then again, if I have to grab something at night, I won't be grabbing my PT145. ;D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'll be picking up a set of these soon, I just can't get into the 8's.
Still not sure if I'll go all green or use a color combo though........

Anyone else have input on them, please post about it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I was on midway last nite and theirs says not for the new Mill. Pro's with the dovetail sites which mine has. I understood Williams site the same, maybe I read it wrong, gonna caal them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
call them they have them for the old non dove tail and new with dove tail mill. and 24/7 trust me I have a set lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am a newbie to this forum, also to autoloaders. I am also an older guy at 67 years.
I just bought a new 3rd gen mil pro in 9mm, as yet unfired. I had the same questions about the Fire Sights, all answered by the posts. However I would like to know about installation, is this doable by a relatively handy feller? or a gunsmith only? Also found that magazine spring was far stronger than my bare thumb. I ordered and received a set of Magloaders from Magloader.com Problem solved in extremly simple manner. Thanks and Hi. 8)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
asa13th said:
I am a newbie to this forum, also to autoloaders. I am also an older guy at 67 years.
I just bought a new 3rd gen mil pro in 9mm, as yet unfired. I had the same questions about the Fire Sights, all answered by the posts. However I would like to know about installation, is this doable by a relatively handy feller? or a gunsmith only? Also found that magazine spring was far stronger than my bare thumb. I ordered and received a set of Magloaders from Magloader.com Problem solved in extremly simple manner. Thanks and Hi. 8)
Howdy, from a 66 Year old shooter, who never had an auto pistol before either!! I had the same problem loading mag's but I got the one that wraps around the mag, that way I used my whole grip.
Mine was from MidwayUSA, for about $4 more or less plus shipping. From what I have read, if your that handy fellow, you could change the sights. I was looking too, because I was not sure about these 8 sights that come on the PT111.

Be aware if your grip or trigger pull is off with this short little thing, you may shoot low, or low and left. I thought it was the sights but people here have convinced me, thru my reading that it is me.

With 4.75, or 6 inch revolver I am pretty good, but this PT111 will take some practice, and more practice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your mention of the 8 sights was interesting, I assume you mean the over and under straight 8 sights that I have read about. Interesting because mine has the three dot Heine sights. do they just mix them up within a model? or is there some significance to the difference.? 8)

Modification: Actually I don't seem to know what the heck I'm talking about, I just took it out of the box again and looked and they are the straight eight sights you described. I was probably just dreaming about glowing multicolored dots in a line of threes when I originally posted this. From now on keep your grain of salt handy. :rolleyes:

Since we have been having nasty weather, I have been reading this forum from front to finish. Looking for info. I did find this new gun to be quite dirty out of the box. As stated in various posts, so will have to clean well. before use. Duh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
asa13th said:
Your mention of the 8 sights was interesting, I assume you mean the over and under straight 8 sights that I have read about. Interesting because mine has the three dot Heine sights. do they just mix them up within a model? or is there some significance to the difference.? 8)
I may be wrong, and correct me if I am, but I believe the 3 dot Heinie sights are on the 1st and 2nd generation models and the straight 8 Heinie sights are on the 3rd generation.

·
22,058 Posts
My 917 came with standard 3 dot all white. My 24/7 LS came with straight 8 white. My 1st gen 92 has 3 dot with the forward sight in red. I plan to order the williams for the 24/7. I do some indoor IPSC and I don't like the straight 8 very much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please see modification added to original post, I was wrong. My Wife has informed me in the past that there are miracles, and admitting to being wrong is one of the rarest. I can see Sainthood in my future. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a PT145 that has proven to be 100% reliable to this point, but I really dislike the Heine sights. I have seen another post indicating that with these sights you are supposed to place the front dot at the intended point of impact and that did raise it, but this different from every other hand gun I own. My question is do the Williams Firesights correct this issue? I realize that they will do nothing for me at night, but I have a Beretta with Crimson Trace laser grips for that.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts