Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Above is a link to an announcement of the Taurus 692.

I have been considering the purchase of a S&W 686 Plus 3 inch revolver. While searching for 3-inch, 7-shot revolvers to see what other options exist I came across videos from the 2018 Shot Show and NRA convention showing Taurus' announcement of the 692. Those videos say they supposedly will begin to ship mid-summer (yeah, yeah, I know) this year.

Here is a link to Taurus' page about the revolver:

https://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=913&category=Revolver&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=692

I was mostly looking at the S&W and the Ruger GP100, but what stopped me in my proverbial tracks was the eerie similarity of the 692 to my beloved 992. The idea of quickly and successfully switching cylinders and therefore calibers like I can between 22lr/22wmr with the 992 is very intriguing. If the 692 would be as solid as my 992, I would certainly seriously consider purchasing one.

But watching other Taurus product announcements come and go without fruition and that this one is "under the radar" so to speak gives me pause. I've searched for the 692 on this forum and didn't find anything. I'm just curious if anyone else thinks this sounds like a good coming product, or if it's just a gimmicky pipe dream?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
A rep said sometime between the end of the year and before the 2019 Shot Show. He didn't give a reason why so late. I was originally told the end of August.

Maloy

·
23,074 Posts
Oh, wow. I've been looking at 3" revolvers pretty hard. That one has a lot going for it.

The spec sheet has the "lifetime unlimited warranty" seal. I'd have to get confirmation of that, and/or confirmation of parts availability before I'd buy a newly announced Taurus model these days though.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
A rep said sometime between the end of the year and before the 2019 Shot Show. He didn't give a reason why so late. I was originally told the end of August.

Maloy
I WOULD NOT trust anything said by Taurus about possible arrival dates after the Spectrum debacle. IF and WHEN you see one in your LGS, then look at them. Otherwise, I would seriously look at other options from other manufacturers.

Reactions: Linejudgemick
1 - 5 of 5 Posts