Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Taurus will do warranty work on a Taurus gun purchased second-hand?

Does it need to have been registered with Taurus?

Do I need the original receipt?

Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
dont know about the receipt.. i dont think you have to register..

im pretty sure it does cover 2nd, 3rd owners but im not positive..

sorry i know thats not very helpful.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious, why don't you call them and ask? Get your answer from the horse's mouth, in a manner of speaking.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
"The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy™ is just that. The lifetime of the gun...not the buyer. "

Yep that is what I been saying everytime someone asks about it.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VegasGuy said:
At the risk of stating the obvious, why don't you call them and ask? Get your answer from the horse's mouth, in a manner of speaking.
In answer to your question, ASKING gives them an easy opportunity to decline, but I do appreciate all the replies- thanks, guys.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
crazycatt said:
In answer to your question, ASKING gives them an easy opportunity to decline, but I do appreciate all the replies- thanks, guys.
My apologies if you took offense at my suggestion. I was not trying to be a smart***. My only thoughts were twofold: 1) You are an anonymous caller asking for clarification of their policy for your set of circumstances, and 2) one person's personal experience with their particular firearm and set of circumstances may be completely different than yours.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I called them to inquire about the warranty registration, because I misplaced the card to send in on a gun I purchased 3 weeks ago. Customer service said don't worry we don't need it all our guns have a lifetime warranty. Sweet !

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
crazycatt said:
Sounds to me like a Taurus will outlive ALL of us.
You know, that is a pretty interesting observation. There's nothing like being able to pass along a firearm to a family member with the knowledge that if it ever breaks, Taurus will take care of it. The gift that keeps on giving. Good point!

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VegasGuy said:
You know, that is a pretty interesting observation. There's nothing like being able to pass along a firearm to a family member with the knowledge that if it ever breaks, Taurus will take care of it. The gift that keeps on giving. Good point!
Yes, that would be a nice gesture. Hopefully Taurus will stay around for a long, long time.

Certainly this great forum can only help the cause.

Several folks I know absolutely LOVE Taurus firearms- and are so loyal, they wouldn't buy anything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts