Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oi!! I was wondering if Taurus would/could install night sights on a PT-92 that never had them. So, I'm not asking if they will replace them, but install them. Anybody try this? ;D

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts
Probably Not, but it would not hurt to ask. Most Firearms Manufacturers Customer Service Departments will only install OEM parts. Seek the service of a Qualified Gunsmith, familiar with the design.

I installed an Enterprise Arms Ghost Ring Rear Sight originally meant for a Beretta on my PT92. As the Dovetail and Slide Design is different, it had to be shimmed in place.

Also, the Taurus Rear Sight retains the Firing Pin Lock mechanism. When the Rear Sight is drifted off of the slide, it will come shooting out and may be easily lost. (Had to replace it!) If you, or someone else, is to remove the rear sight, drift it off from left to right and remember that the last 3/8 of an inch retains the Firing Pin Lock Plunger and Spring.

1992 Vintage Taurus PT92AFS with Enterprise Arms Ghost Ring Rear Sight

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I remember loosing my F.P.L. before when I put some old Mepros on another 92 I owned. The Front sight was a pin on jobber that stuck way over the top slide cut-out. It looked pretty ugly to me. But I ended up trading it for a Beretta Vertec anyway. If Taurus won't install Night Sights, I think I'll have a smithy make a dove tail for a front sight that won't stick out and I'll go about it that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts