Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like the MTAC holster from Comp Tac, but they don't offer it for the PT145. I know Crossbreed has the similar "Supertuck" holster, but the reviews I've read indicate the MTAC better. I know the MTAC is an extremely popular holster, and I was disappointed to find they didn't make one for my pistol. When I asked about this, they indicated they won't produce one for the PT145 for at least 6 months.

I've read that holsters designed for the Glock 26/27 should work for the PT145. Can anyone confirm this is true for the MTAC? How close are those two pistols? I know kydex can be heated with a heat gun -- would it be hard to modify a holster made for the Glock to better fit the PT145?

Thanks for any insight...
Todd

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but my fobus paddle holster that I bought for my PT1911 works perfectly with the PT111. Pretty cool. I think many holsters cross over to many other pistols.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I spend $80+ on the MTAC, I'm hoping to hear from someone who can say with certainty that "...XYZ model MTAC works with the PT145" because they're actually using it.

I've also heard that the XD40SC MDAC works "perfectly" with the PT145, but until someone who has actually used that combination tells me it works, I'll wait!!

Thanks for the input...
Todd

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would not trust the fit. If it would fit Comp-Tac would have told you. The supertuck is a great holster as is the SOB and Quick Clip from Crossbreed. I can attest to the quality of crossbreed holsters and cary two different ones on a regular basis. Plus, the quality control and customer service is great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts