Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 9mm 709 Slim :). I really like it. I really want to find either an aftermarket magazine that holds more rounds & fits this 709 slim (preferably flush or an extension magazine) or any magazines from other Taurus guns that wills fit the 709 slim that hold more rounds.

Please let me know if you know of any. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have not heard of any mags that will work in the 709. Sorry!

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I you find something - keep it to yourself. You could make a small fortune selling workable 709 mags. LOL

I've heard of nothing that will work other than a Taurus mag.

Reactions: wizard_of_ahs

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yea no after market mags for the 709 and 740 I see them a lot buy the Academy bye my house. Pro mag makes them for the 738 I wish they would make them for the 709 and 740 also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Since the 709 is SLIM and uses a single stack magazine, it seems impossible to add capacity except by using a longer magazine. Also unlikely that any other 9MM magazine will work. A while back there was talk about a 9 rd. mag, but I'm not sure anyone has ever seen one.

After all, the purpose of this little handgun is concealed carry/self protection.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
If ProMag had the last magazine in the world for any of my guns, I would much rather repair the ones I already have. I have a single stack mag for my 945, standard 8 rounder, and it won't feed beyond 4 rounds unless you have the pistol upside down. The only thing good about ProMags is usually the price, other than that look at anyone else for something actually worth the money.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Nope,nothing yet,keep an eye out for some on the internet.I wish that mec-gar would show some interest in this gun.they make excellent mags.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
There was a guy on fleabay that sold base plates that added extra capacity for the 709/740. Sadly, he isn't anymore and I have not seen that any place else :(

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I was in Academy this morning. They had (4) PT740 mags; no PT709, although clerk was inventorying mags, did a check on the empty 709 peg UPC - (4) in USA, none in Texas per his handheld checker - and none on order. Same for PT111 MilPro 12 rd. (0) USA and none on order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old post, but I was wandering if anything new has come out about extended mags fitting a Taurus PT709?
I know that a Taurus 24/7 PRO ( older 24/7 ) 17 round magazine's will fit a Taurus PT111 G2 millennium but don't know about the PT709

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a couple Pro Mag extended mags that work great - add one additional round, and the filler piece is included. They also make others, but I have not tried them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts