Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get a 58HC-SS, but the local pawn has a NIB 58 (blued, not stainless) for just over $300 (I think $310 or something)--My FFL will deliver a 58HC-SS for right @ $450.00 ($446.51) Tax included.

That being said, if I order the 19 round mags, will they work in the older 58?

Any help is greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
damn thats a good price on that gun if it truely is nib i'd say snatch it up,snatch it up,snatch it up!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 58 is pretty rare, I didn't even know they existed(old model or new) untill about a year ago. I love high capacity 380's....still trying to figure out how taurus gets 19rds in that thing.

Is the original 58 like a beretta 84, or is it a diferent design?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sleepyweasel said:
The 58 is pretty rare, I didn't even know they existed(old model or new) untill about a year ago. I love high capacity 380's....still trying to figure out how taurus gets 19rds in that thing.

Is the original 58 like a beretta 84, or is it a diferent design?
The one at the shop is blued and has wooden grips--

This isn't the actual gun , but I found this pict on GB--

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a PT58S identical to the one pictured...it came with two (2) twelve round factory magazines...straight shooter, worked flawlessly...A feature I liked most was the decocker lever...like the original PT92's, the first models of the PT58 had the other type of decocker...this one is much better...I highly recommend the model shown..If you can find one, they are approximately $200 less than the Beretta 84FS, which I have also owned, and in my opinion the Taurus is much better...As for the mags that come with the new version currently on the market, I do not know if they are interchangeable...I have noticed in pictures of the newer version, the grips seem to be about the same size as the model PT92 ..Grips on the original PT58 look more like the compact model 92....therefore, like Gray_Wolf suggested, I would contact Taurus and hopefully get an answer...good luck from the Bluegrassstate...

·
Registered
36 Posts
After sending the previous response I found a picture taken of the older PT58 I recently sold and thought I would share...later from the Bluegrassstate..

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I have an early PT58. Pre-decocker. There was no other version offered. The safety is still frame mounted, but doesn't de-cock the hammer. It's a fun pistol, and handles any .380 that can be found.

·
32,789 Posts
If I am not mistaken the 19 round HC round mags will not interchange with the 12 round mag guns....
He hit the nail on the head. They do not interchange. There are enough differences in design and function to make them incompatible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.