Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Need a new stock. I just switched out my buddies for a Tapco. World of difference. Durn that's green!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
heyyyyyy mannnnnnnn!!!

Reactions: dbeardslee

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Heheheh

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need a new stock. I just switched out my buddies for a Tapco. World of difference. Durn that's green!
Its going o look very different when finished. The stock is getting swapped for a skeleton stock. The dust cover, gas tube and new stock will all be 22 carrot gold plated. Not my thing but the wife likes bling. I'm sure she will stand out at competitions

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nice.

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Well at least that's not an "ugly black gun"....

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Funny you mentioning this today. I took my youngest son's Saiga .223 out yesterday to sight in a new scope mount to replace one that had cracked.

I only sighted it in for 50 yards, as the caliche pit was full of weeds and that was the farthest I could sight it in at. I was satisfied with a 2" grouping as it needs a new trigger group like most AK variants need. I could still tell that the groupings were good enough that if I replaced the trigger group, it might be very accurate.

It is completely stock without any modifications including no pistol grip. It wasn't a bad purchase for $299 a few years back. I may go ahead and change the trigger, then, I may have something really good.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are not too bad once worked on. I have a dinzag kit at the shop im going to fit when the boss gives me a few spare minutes. If it runs ok on the wife's might get one on my 7.62. Probably going to fit a cobra red dot at some point for her

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Nice, never seen the green before! I'd love to see the before and after pictures when you finish all the work!

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
That is green.. Don`t try to sneak up on anybody unless they are blind..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.