Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the wife out to try out her new M85. I know that I should have started her on a .22, but I don't have one. Anyway, IMO I think she did rather well. She was calm, cool and collective. She kept a good stance with hardly a flinch. She managed to squeeze the trigger and never limpwristed her gun. Hit her target 95% of the time. Most importantly, she had a good time. I am extremely proud of her.

Mike

·
32,497 Posts
Hooray for the both of you. Now to get her her own revolver and one that she chooses. Were you folks using the 148 gr wadcutters, or something as a light load, or going with standard pressure 158 grain loads? Or none of the above? ;D Glad she enjoyed herself. Now she is going to claim your "Poopsy" for herself. Or eventually. :) Sounds like the .38 Special is her cup of tea. Hope the wife's fascination with shooting continues. That first step is a loo-loo and takes courage on her part. Good luck to you both.

·
Registered
130 Posts
All right, I was blessed with a gun brat for a girlfriend, her dad used to do gun shows and he took her out shooting all the time, she is a bit timid around bigger guns but she does just fine with my PT92. Congrats on you and your wifes acomplishment.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Qwiks draw said:
Hooray for the both of you. Now to get her her own revolver and one that she chooses. Were you folks using the 148 gr wadcutters, or something as a light load, or going with standard pressure 158 grain loads? Or none of the above? ;D Glad she enjoyed herself. Now she is going to claim your "Poopsy" for herself. Or eventually. :) Sounds like the .38 Special is her cup of tea. Hope the wife's fascination with shooting continues. That first step is a loo-loo and takes courage on her part. Good luck to you both.
Huh! As I mentioned in my opening sentence "Took the wife out to try out her new M85". She says that it is perfect for her. Sorry QD, I couldn't tell if you were pullin' my leg? I started her off with Winchester white box 130 grain. She seemed to handle it well and had no complaints. One of the guys I ran into at the range also agreed that the .38 was a good choice for her.

·
Registered
174 Posts
when i got married, it was basically my wifes introduction to guns, patience and understanding has gone a long way, she now has a conceal permit and can out shoot me. i tried to get her to go for the revolvers, not because i like them that much but because i thought that was a good starting point for her. she gravitated right to the pistol section when she started trying guns. she chose the milleniun pro's, so i got her a .40, which is plenty for her, but she is allot like her husband and wanted a "macho" gun, but she is doing quite well with it. it sure is a great feeling to have a supporting wife on endeavors like shooting, good luck in the future.

·
32,497 Posts
Schlemer. I never pull anybody's leg or extended finger. :D ;D ;) Perfectly serious at all times. ;D :D No way. Figured she might put the clamps on one of your revolvers eventually because wives can work that way. ;D When or if she gets to naming the gun or guns, beware! Glad to see she's getting out and becoming proficient as willing to learn. If local IDPA clubs have Back Up Gun matches take advantage of them just to try them out. Those matches are for fun anyway. The IDPA web site would have the location on the nearest ones if available. Happy trails. My original intent was now that she has a snubbie, maybe a longer barreled brethren for her might be in the works so she can shoot something easier as well as more fun.Guess I should have been more clear on that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Qwiks draw said:
Schlemer. I never pull anybody's leg or extended finger. :D ;D ;) Perfectly serious at all times. ;D :D No way. Figured she might put the clamps on one of your revolvers eventually because wives can work that way. ;D When or if she gets to naming the gun or guns, beware! Glad to see she's getting out and becoming proficient as willing to learn. If local IDPA clubs have Back Up Gun matches take advantage of them just to try them out. Those matches are for fun anyway. The IDPA web site would have the location on the nearest ones if available. Happy trails. My original intent was now that she has a snubbie, maybe a longer barreled brethren for her might be in the works so she can shoot something easier as well as more fun.Guess I should have been more clear on that.
Crystal clear.
I actually (as mentioned on other threads) picked up the M94. I also own a Henry lever action in .22 that I will let her try out. Tomorrow, we'll be heading out for some more practice.

·
32,497 Posts
Good for you on the Henry and 94. There is just something fun about chambering a round Western style and feeling it work, over the semi-autos. Plinking cans,plastic bottles, or even reactive targets, are even more fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great for your wife, my wife has been carring her M-85UL now for almost 2 years now and she loves it, she also loves my PT-92 but too large for her to conceal. She don't care for my PT-1911 it don't feel right in her hands. I got a larger problem. I just got a PT145, and now it turns out to be a race to see who packs what first. I guess i'll have to buy her one of her own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts