Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To much, REALLY, just because you find a hidden gun in a secrete compartment in the coffee table, or in a light fixture by the door, or an extra magazine pops out of the sun visor of the car and hits you in the lap, or gun is found behind the TV, or shotgun under the bed on a swivel, or a the dog has a holster on their walking vest doesn't mean you have to many guns hidden and or accessible. I tried to apologize to my wife for the gun she found in the fridge and the one in the top of the toilet. She is still angry. Please advise on what to do next. Figured this would make someone laugh.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Rookie mistake. She's going to figure out how many you have! If I did that I'd forget where I hid most of them. Keep them all locked up and carry just one.

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
was married for 31 years and never hid anything from my wonderful wife.
I like guns (and other things) I worked hard all my life to enjoy being retired and hobbies.
she respected me and my wants, as I did her.
we never lived on the street , went hungry ,raised 2 children and both retired, life was good.

·
Super Moderator
35,532 Posts
That's why I keep 'em all locked up except for my daily carry. And, I never EVER leave the door to the safe unlocked and open. :D No one need know, but me. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
I like guns (and other things) I worked hard all my life to enjoy being retired and hobbies.
we never lived on the street , went hungry ,raised 2 children and both retired, life was good.
Exactly this...we spend our money on small things <500.00...she on clothes, shoes, beauty shop and me on guns and ammo. We know to consult on the larger acquisitions. We've been fortunate to proceed like this and not have squabbles and still salt some away for that proverbial rainy day.

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ You're single aren't you....................:p
well kind of--I am a widower now.
but I still don't ask my dawg for permission to do anything either and she isn't near as understanding and sweet as the wife was.!

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
She's right.

Why? Because she earned the title "wife".

How does she earn the title? Puttin' up with YOU!

Amen to this...and I am amazed everyday that she still does.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
We had a great lady some years back who ran the most popular bar in town- kind of an interesting venue that some tourists viewed with slight trepidation. But Miss Linda ruled with an iron will.

The saying among us was, "If Miss Linda says 'Jump!' you are allowed to ask, "How high?' but you better be on the way up when you do..."

Reactions: bujeezus

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I don't hide anything from my wife. But then again I don't go out of my way to voluntarily disclose anything.

·
9,091 Posts
I kinda had to stop keeping so many guns around the house. Why... because if my memory about everything else is so bad, eventually I would forget a gun too. Current out of safe distribution:
ginger has her ( it was mine until she shot it ) CZ75P01 tactical w/trigger job in her bed table.
I have a 605 in a quick release holster under my roll around bed table
I have a TP9SA in my bedroom dresser top drawer
Then there is a SS 410 shotgun and a ruger 10/22 resting by front door.
An SR22 long barrel 22 in the top Bar drawer
The Rossi R92 on the gunrack above the fireplace.
Dang I know there is one more somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!upstairs arghhh 0h...oh yes , the 627 loaded with 357HP's in my desk drawer..

Then the vault downstairs has a bunch.

When kids visit everything gets locked up the vault, except for my carry piece - which is on me most of the day anyway-it is a SR9C.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I just make sure I hide them high enough that the grand kids can't get them. Wife likes that I can get to a gun from anywhere in the house. Since the terror attack in Chattanooga she will ask me if I have enough ammo, just in case.

BTW, all those empty cigar boxes make a neat little easy access hideaway with a little foam in the right spots. Match the color with the furniture and they down right blend in so you don't notice them. Hang a holster on the coat rack and put coat over it and you won't notice it, yet it will be right there by the front/back door just in case.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Administrator
40,563 Posts
I have my pistola hideouts, wife has hers. No problems here.:D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts