Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 3 day CCW course together, sent off all the necessary paperwork together, now we're just waiting to get the permits together!

All in all, a great course to take. I think my biggest takeaway is that "even though you may be able to shoot in a given situation, it may not always be the best idea to shoot". Civil lawsuits are apparently the worst enemy of any self defense shooter. And apparently if you live within 1000 feet of any school zone in AZ, while you are still allowed to OWN firearms on your property, you cannot take it OFF your property without a permit, lol.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Congratulations! Now, like in our house, there will no longer be a voice of reason annd the firearms wil multiply like wildfire!:D

That AZ law is a bit disconcerting...

Reactions: ISSMER

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Grats on the course completion. The waiting game is the worst... I think I waited 63 days for mine to show up. Hopefully yours will be less than that.!

Sent with my Galaxy S5

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Now comes the competative part:

Just because you applied at the same times doesn't mean thet will come back at the same time.

Sounds like a friendly bet is in order.

First one to get theirs back and the other has to cook something, clean something , do a certain chore or act.....

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loser has to clean all the guns 1 time. Now if I can just get her to go along with that...

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Loser has to clean all the guns 1 time. Now if I can just get her to go along with that...
Good luck. My wife won't even clean her gun, let alone the rest.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
The title did mislead me a little, I was expecting something different.:D

For you both: congratulations-gif-41.gif

·
Registered
5,922 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Congratulations to both of you. May I make a suggestion: Be sure the pictures on your permits are YOUR pictures. I waited 89 days of the state-mandated 90 day maximum to get my permit. When I received it in the mail the information was correct, but the picture was of a woman in her early to mid 40s. At the time I was a 60 year old white male with beard and mustache and balding hair on top (I am now a 62 year old white male, still with beard and mustache but even less hair on top). It took another week to get it corrected.

New Mexico is rather quiet in its corruption and ineptitude, but it quietly ranks right there near the bottom of the list with the more well-known idiotic states.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts