Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing to join the ranks of those permitted to carry a concealed weapon, after completing my training course on 5/20 of this year I finally mailed off my CCW application, proof of training, and my $50 check on 6/28. I received my check and application back in the mail on 7/3 - apparently effective 7/1 the state changed the fee to $40 and changed the wording on one of the questions on the application. I resent my application today, and hopefully the next time the Department of Justice mails me something it's my permit! Kind of nice to have had to only spend $40 instead of $50.

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Bummer, hang in there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The draw backs of government regulation.

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Doggone rule changers.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Hang in there, you'll soon be part of the Carry Club!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wishing to join the ranks of those permitted to carry a concealed weapon, after completing my training course on 5/20 of this year I finally mailed off my CCW application, proof of training, and my $50 check on 6/28. I received my check and application back in the mail on 7/3 - apparently effective 7/1 the state changed the fee to $40 and changed the wording on one of the questions on the application. I resent my application today, and hopefully the next time the Department of Justice mails me something it's my permit! Kind of nice to have had to only spend $40 instead of $50.
Gotta love the State of Wisconsin! Reducing the CCW processing fee is a rarity in today's governments, most states are raising rates (ie hidden taxes) on everything. Wisconsin even has a bargain 2-year motorcycle license renewal for approx $25. I'm thinking that's because of Harley being a major long-time employer, even tho the plate fee applies to any brand.

I'm planning on retiring to the Tomahawk area someday, as both sides of my family are from the area.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Boy, $40 is a great deal. $140 here in TX

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello fellow Wisconsinite!

Don't feel bad, it's nearly impossible to get anything done expediently with the Govt. When I sent for mine, my CCW instructor didn't write by hand the name of his "organization" doing the training, even though his gun shops name and other pertinent info was clearly printed by machine in large black letters on my certificate of completion that I sent them. :icon_rolleyes: I then resent them the "correct" info and got my permit in less then 2 weeks. My Mother, who lives in Nevada, had to resend hers also because she overpaid them the first time. :icon_rolleyes: I would've much preferred to let them keep the extra money and just send me my damn permit!

Yes, it's good that you will be saving money but it really isn't worth the hassle and the wait. Hope you get yours soon. I've had mine for almost a year now. Gov. Walker is the best thing that ever happened to our state. WALKER FOR PRESIDENT IN 2016! :thumb:

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
There's good problems and bad problems. That sounds like the good kind.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the world of concealed carry! It's always a good thing when a citizen decides
to enhance his Second Amendment rights by getting a permit to carry a concealed handgun.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I received my permit today! I mailed the paperwork (for the second time :rolleyes:) on 7/5, it was issued on 7/8 (valid for 5 years) and I received it on 7/12. Not a bad turn around time at all, for the new low price of only $40!
It took me a month to get mine, but I mailed it off the first day possible and there was a bit of a crush. Buddies were 2-3 months waiting.

Get a good sturdy double layer gun belt (it really helps keep the weight up) and a COMFORTABLE holster and a comfortable size weapon. I started with an XDm-40 and moved to a 740. Smaller lighter thinner makes it DRAMATICALLY nicer to carry every day.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the a fellowship of the CHL! Carry safe! Carry often! :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats. Took me 10 days to get mine. My non-resident Nevada took 3.5 weeks and Utah is going on 40 days and still waiting. Wisconsin's turn around time is not bad at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts