Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do semis come in plastic cases and revolvers come in cardboard boxes?

Reactions: 30carbine

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I don't know. Picked up a couple plastic cases on eBay.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I think it varies by manufacturer, not model. All my Tauruses (Taurii?) came in black boxes, revolvers and semis.
And my Bersa semi's came in cardboard too....

Bersa Thunder .45 - 002.jpg

Reactions: RScottie and Mikeo

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Taurus, S&W and Beretta, and my GF's S&K and Sig semis (5) all came in plastic.

My Taurus revolvers and my GF's S&W revolver (3) came in cardboard.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
My Taurus, S&W and Beretta, and my GF's S&K and Sig semis (5) all came in plastic.

My Taurus revolvers and my GF's S&W revolver (3) came in cardboard.
My Heritage came in wood....

Six Gun 002.jpg

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Because they say so

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
My Rugers all came in plastic boxes.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
GP100, NAA, and Windicator all came in plastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Taurus PT92 came in a black cardboard box while my Ruger P85 came in a plastic case.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Both of my Taurus 9 mm's came in nice plastic pelican style cases, my Hi-Point .45 came in a plastic shopping bag. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Para Ordnance comes in plastic storage cases.
Oh, but my PT1911 DID come in a plastic case. But it was the only Tuaurus that did.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Because the manufacturers are watching you, and they know it irritates you.........

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Regardless of what type of container they come in, each if our handguns gets it's very own "cozy" or pistol rug that is carefully selected to make sure that it's not too small or too big, that it has sufficient padding to protect the firearm during transport and storage, and that it can be labeled for easy identification. Some are even selected by color so that the hg's that are "mine" are obviously mine :D as opposed to those that are "ours" or solely DH's. And I select some cozies simply because the are really fuzzy and warm looking on the inside!

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Remember when the box looked like this? I still have the original box for my early model PT-99 with European Mag release.

Reactions: drummin_man627

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I don't know why either. Personally I wish they all came in cardboard, when I get one in a plastic case I can't help but think, "I paid extra for that useless plastic box in the price of the gun". I have never used any of the boxes my handguns have came. They just sit in a stack on top of the safe.

·
22,058 Posts
Because semis are better. Duh.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The plastic cases do seem to be pretty worthless. The only hg that I leave in its factory case is my XD45c.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
My only "bought new" gun is my PT-92. It came in a black cardboard box with the extra magazine. It has never been back in that box. It resides in a Boyt gun rug.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts