Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Excellent, but I am sure the Communists on that panel were thinking....LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA...(is she done yet?)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Just basing my response from the title of the thread....aaalllright! You've convinced me! I need another AR15....now which caliber do I need now.....

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
I didn't watch the video, but you had me at the thread title.

I'm gonna buy parts to build one, probably in 2021, but I think I'll start buying pieces now.

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Just basing my response from the title of the thread....aaalllright! You've convinced me! I need another AR15....now which caliber do I need now.....

Go BIG or go home....458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I don't need an AR to hunt with but i can.
I don't need an AR to sport with but i can.
I need an AR to defend myself, family, and countrymen from enemies forgion or demestic just like the minutemen who made it possible for my constitutional rights to be written down so not to be infringed by political hacks who do not know our laws, rights or way of life.
And it can use it in times of great need like my forefathers intended : To secure a free state the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Now buzz off before someone drops a house on you. There is no place like home, there is no place like home because Auntie Em is packing a 300 blackout.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
As if any testimony that doesn't support the democrat ideology in front of any committee chaired by Nadler will matter.

He probably either slept through it or contemplated his belly.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Go BIG or go home....458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf!
I'm currently covered in this platform for .223/5.56 (x2), .300BLK (x2), 6.5 Grendel, and .458 Socom. I've also got the AR10 in standard .308.

I'm not sure I want the Beowulf simply because I don't see any serious advantage over the .458 and components are also much more expensive with not a lot of options (especially if you like poly-coated lead!). I have no use for the .350 "Legend" either...

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
430 Posts
I need one because it holds 30 round magazines, and shoots real fast. [I will just stick with the self-evident, because a Democrat might read this, and fail to understand me otherwise.]

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
How many here remember that the AR-15 was evaluated by the Dept of Homeland Security back around 2010. The 10 year AWB had sunsetted and the DHS, in their evaluation one review, found the AR-15 to be highly suggested as a PDW (personal defense weapon) because of its light weight, multiple rounds and accuracy and easy enough for most citizens to master.

Our own government recommended the purchase and use of AR-15s for self defense by the citizens!

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
It's just like owning a fire extinguisher, you buy it and hope you never actually need it, but when you do need it you sure will be glad you have it. If you wait until you need it to buy it you will have been too late. Furthermore need has never been a prerequisite to exercising your right to keep and bear arms anymore than need is required before you can exercise your right to free speech.

Reactions: pegasus and 230JHP

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
It's just like owning a fire extinguisher, you buy it and hope you never actually need it, but when you do need it you sure will be glad you have it. If you wait until you need it to buy it you will have been too late. Furthermore need has never been a prerequisite to exercising your right to keep and bear arms anymore than need is required before you can exercise your right to free speech.
And just because I have fire extinguishers in my home, garage, and workshop doesn't mean I am looking forward to my house catching fire so I can use them.

Having a parachute on a military flight didn't mean I was hoping I would have to exit the aircraft in flight.

Having a spare tire (I mean the one in the truck :eek:) doesn't mean I have a fantasy about changing a flat on the side of the road.

Reactions: BigBlue and pegasus

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Just for clarification here!
as to having a Fire Extingusisher and hoping not to need it , let me just point out that a CO 2 extinguisher can chill a case of Beer in about 20 seconds!

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
I'm currently covered in this platform for .223/5.56 (x2), .300BLK (x2), 6.5 Grendel, and .458 Socom. I've also got the AR10 in standard .308.

I'm not sure I want the Beowulf simply because I don't see any serious advantage over the .458 and components are also much more expensive with not a lot of options (especially if you like poly-coated lead!). I have no use for the .350 "Legend" either...
I would probably go with the .50 Beowulf over the .458 only because I am buying .50 caliber bullets already for the Desert Eagle and the .500 S&W mag. There is some cross over in bullets, especially the 350 grain bullet that is my go to bullet and runs nice in all 3 calibers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts