Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a PT1911B and I love the gun!

The question now is, why should I buy a Millennium PT145? This would be my everyday carry.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Question should be...why not?

10+1 of .45 ACP in the smallest configuration possible.

And I have one with zero troubles in over a year with thousands of rounds through. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
Its next on my list and I know a lot of people here have them with vary little problems if any.
I also have the PT1911

·
32,481 Posts

·
Administrator
35,119 Posts
Bought mine in January, have put 1000+ rounds through it, absolutely zero malfunctions, FTE's, or FTF's. Nuf said..... :)

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
never never underestemate the power of Quiks draw's list its like getting advice from Obewan conobee sp LOL listen to the force Luke LOL sereously if you read them you will know all you need to no and it didn't cost you a thing well worth it. :) Thanks Qwiks for your lists. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I choose the PT745 over the PT145 due to weight, yeah it's only 7 rounds instead of 10 otherwise it's the same gun.

Shot about 250 through it failure free before I decided to CC with it, now I OC more than CC so I went back to carrying my Ruger 345 instead.

Go figure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Springfield SS 1911 but I still bought a PT145. Why?
1. I like it!
2. It feels good in the hand!
3. It's a .45 ie: Big gaping hole in the busuiness end!!
4. It's nice and compact
5. 10+1 capacity
6. It's affordable
7. It makes me sleep better at night

·
Administrator
39,385 Posts
flung lead said:
I have a Springfield SS 1911 but I still bought a PT145. Why?
1. I like it!
2. It feels good in the hand!
3. It's a .45 ie: Big gaping hole in the busuiness end!!
4. It's nice and compact
5. 10+1 capacity
6. It's affordable
7. It makes me sleep better at night
You forgot to mention that they are the "most handsomest" in the millennium line-up also. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Administrator
35,119 Posts
OH BROTHER - I give up...... :bang:

·
32,481 Posts
Well,pilgrim, Smokey takes the cake.

Here's another reason for getting the PT145.

The gun magazines and local shoots have brought home the fact that the 1911 shorty tubed guns have their own reliability issues because of downsizing the type. Laws of physics and small parts compared to the larger 1911 brethren make things so to a degree.

Same can be said for other smaller pistols as well. Some of the reasons this is all true are in the link below. It's a compilation of different info from many threads.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6716.0

With the PT145 some experimentation with ammo and mags is always in order. True for any compact/subcompact gun. Most of that has already been done by others at this forum. So that's getting ahead of the game.

With the safties the PT145 has, the light trigger pull, high round count in a small package what's not to like? These are +P approved if one so desires to go down that avenue.

These are more compact than the shorty 1911s or a lot of other compact .45s.

Seems like a lot of good data and reasons have been produced here by everyone and more to come.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought my PT145 because Springfield Armory does not make an XD-45 SubCompact. After shooting it, the Taurus has many other pluses going for it: compactness, value, reliability, grip feel, trigger, multi strike capability, finish, capacity, power, and sights. I liked it so much I also bought a PT111.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Bought mine because feels right in the hands, great price point and I wanted a .45. On the + side it is very compact and light. Would recommend buying a Hogue Handall JR grip for it since the grip is kind of small.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all of you that responded!
I'm leaning heavily towards the pt145. Guess I'll be an educated consumer after I finish Quick Draws homework assignment :???:
I'm also looking at the compact 1911's that are out there however, this would be my everyday cc, which is one reason why the 145 looks good.
I've been to a few LGS's and no one had a pt145 for me to handle, gun show rolls into town on the 24th. Guess I'll have to wait another 10 days.
BTW, Buds has them online for I think...... 318.00 delivered. Is that a fair price? I'd have to add $25.00 for my FFL.

RT

·
Administrator
35,119 Posts
Still, that's a REALLY good price. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
WildRice said:
I bought my PT145 because Springfield Armory does not make an XD-45 SubCompact. After shooting it, the Taurus has many other pluses going for it: compactness, value, reliability, grip feel, trigger, multi strike capability, finish, capacity, power, and sights. I liked it so much I also bought a PT111.
You must be reading my mail. I have been waiting for SA to put out a 45 SC, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. The PT145 seems to fit the bill nicely. Still love my XD 45 Tactical and I'm not looking to replace it. I just want a 45 that is concealable, reliable, and accurate. Taurus is it.

Wildrice, I'll see you on "the other forum".

·
Registered
846 Posts
NYPD said it all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts