Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe it's just me, but i was bored last nigh so i went to wally world to get some stuff. somehow i ended up in the hunting section. lol, remembering that i had no ammo (i went to the range earlier that day) i asked a clerk if i could buy some ammo for my pt111 and he told me they couldn't sell handgun ammo after 10pm! WHY? is the ammo sold at 2pm any less lethal than the ammo sold at 11pm. i did find out that you CAN buy rifle ammo anytime. that confused me! once again, the rifle ammo you can sell me after 10 is less lethal than the handgun?! can anybody explain why this is? because it's really dumb to me!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
No explanation....just Wal-Mart policy I suppose. Can't verify since I've never attempted to purchase ammunition after 10pm.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just tell them you're buying it for your 9mm rifle.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a good idea i guess

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
That's not right, could be your state? I purchased some 40 S&W last night at 3:00 am in my local WalMart... last I checked there aren't any .40 rifles.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe he was talking about a carbine?

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Tell him you have a 9mm rifle - that'll really confuse him.......

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
That seems to be there rule with ID as well. I bought some .22 LR ammo fro WallMart the other day, and the guy said "and it's rifle ammo so I don't need ID".
Last laugh is mine though, we were useing it for the wifes Mosquito! haHA!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've run into that myself and didn't see the point. Plus it was only 10:30pm....

This kind of crap is part of the reason why I no longer buy any ammo at WM.

Steelheart

·
Registered
671 Posts
When I asked at my local wal-mart why they couldn't sell it to me, he told me it was because more anger/passion crimes are commited after those hours, so they don't sell handgun ammo after 10:00 until 6:00 in the morning.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea, i guess....maybe they won't be as angry if they have to wait 8 hours! lol, whoever pissed them off better hope they don't have a rifle either! lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
It varies by store. I bought 200 rounds of .45 at 1:00 A.M. the other night. I've heard of stores in the Pittsburgh are that restrict the hours of ammo sales though.

·
Registered
989 Posts
You found a clerk in sporting goods?
That's amazing.
I have to ring a bell like a trained sog.

AFS

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Just tell 'em it's for your Saturday NIGHT special... :zzz:

·
Registered
57 Posts
AirForceShooter said:
You found a clerk in sporting goods?
That's amazing.
I have to ring a bell like a trained sog.

AFS
One WalMart I go to doesn't have the ammo uner lock and key. If I go there in the middle of the night and no one is around, I grab what I need and take it to the registers up front. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I forgot to test them today, I bought some .38 sp this morning and before I realized it I had handed the lady my DL, that's where the problem started. I recently have shaved my head and grown a goatee, in my DL I have long hair and a baby face. She claimed that it wasn't me (this also happened 3 weeks ago when I bought a gun, same result) so I put my hand over my goatee and told her to imagine me with long hair, she looked hard for a moment and I told her to look around the eyes, finally she was convinced. It was never if I was old enough her beef was that I was impersonating someone. Same thing with the gun dealer 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I still purchase ammo from Walmart on the odd occasion but generally buy in bulk online anymore from www.natchezss.com .

:p

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Around here (south houston) you can not buy ammo of any kind from 10pm to 7am which sucks because I work nights so there are times when I do some shopping at 1 or 2 in the morning while on break from work and I normally pick up a box or 2 of ammo each time I have to buy something at wally world. Its just a habit I have now of throwing in a box or two with each purchase and my stock pile is building up pretty fast because if it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts