Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from firing my new PT809C and I am BLOWN AWAY. This is the cheapest gun I own and the BEST shooting firearm in my quiver. Now I am all about cheap firearms haveing Kahrs and Smith and Wessons and etc. But a 17 or 13 ROUND, DOUBLE ACTION, HAMMER FIRED hand gun for UNDER $300! That SHOOTS STRAIGHT!

WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU CANCELLING THIS MOST EXCELLENT FIREARM! Double action hammers are coming into vogue if no one has told you. So much safer to carry. You can't have a negligent discharge unless you put your mind to it.

PLEASE! POR FAVOR! Queremos essa arma! Cresci em Campinas!

20170714_122313.jpg
20170714_122331.jpg
Queremos essa arma de fogoQueremos essa arma de fogoQueremos essa arma de fogo

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Under $300 is the "discontinued clearance" price. During most of it's retail life they sold over $300. Taurus does this frequently. It's a good thing, since you need two, one for parts.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I suppose it wasn't selling well enough to continue production, but then again they also cancelled the PT100 and PT1911 in .38 Super, in spite of the fact that both were just different chambered versions of 2 firearms which are still in production, and therefore it would have made more sense to just produce less of each than discontinue both.

Seriously, if they continued to produce the PT100 and PT1911 in .38 Super in limited numbers, they could still make money on both, and I'm walking proof of that seeing as I really want to own both, but sadly have to seek alternatives from other manufacturers since they no longer offer either. And don't tell me I'm the only one in the world who missed the boat on both and would gladly buy them brand new if they were still available.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Under $300 is the "discontinued clearance" price. During most of it's retail life they sold over $300. Taurus does this frequently. It's a good thing, since you need two, one for parts.
Actually I think it's the current state of all gun prices as my Kahrs have dropped a hundred bucks and are still in production. I guess it remains to be seen if the gun will hold out. In either case, I'm now going back to double action hammer fired. I had a para ordnance 1911 Light Double Action and it was super smooth, just not tote-able.

·
Registered
620 Posts
DA/SA guns are actually starting to make a comeback from what I can tell. I was looking to buy an 809c the other day from Buds until I realized mags are nearly impossible to come by.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG, I'm new to Taurus and they cancelled so many great guns!

SO I just got the 809c, LOVE it! --------------> CANCELLED
438522_01_taurus_pt809c_640.jpg

Looked for a doublstack 380. YAY! PT638 LOOKS PERFECT! ----> CANCELLED
maxresdefault.jpg
Saw a video on the Pt145, awesome, perfect for me ------------> CANCELLED

411546417.jpg

Of their current line up, I see NOTHING I would spend my money on. Maybe a G2.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
You haven't even gotten into the concept guns that never made it to market...

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum...I would note that the discontinued guns often end being the ones that it's hard to find magazines for. If you're going to keep that 809c I suggest picking up a few mags if you see them at a decent price.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Welcome from Missouri! Taurus is always evolving with new products but I feel ya!

·
Registered
24,857 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
35,373 Posts
The PT145 was light and nearly pocket sized...nearly, not quite. But, it was a 10+1 round compact carry gun. What was not to like? I never understood why it disappeared. I'd have gotten one by now even though it was a striker gun and I'd rather have a hammer, but it had a safety.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts

​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

·
Registered
69 Posts
You haven't even gotten into the concept guns that never made it to market...
Right? I am a huge fan of the raging series I wish I owned all of them but many have been discontinued and they never even released the Taurus Raging Judge 28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,373 Posts
Well, the Raging Judge 28 gauge was doomed before it started by the GCA of 1934.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What irks me the most are guns that they have everything to make. Many here probably know that I'm gonna bring up the .45 Colt Tracker. Taurus has everything they need to make this gun but won't. I'd probably even buy one if it were wearing a judge barrel.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum...I would note that the discontinued guns often end being the ones that it's hard to find magazines for. If you're going to keep that 809c I suggest picking up a few mags if you see them at a decent price.

I found some 17rd 809 mags and I have a source for spacers. Which I will post as soon as I can get more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts