Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a PT709 slim mag. On EBAY they are now over a $100. I contacted Taurus and put I'm a backorder to be told they have no idea when mags will be available. The gent I spoke with said they have had a lot of calls on this.
I contacted an aftermarket company that is well known and manufactures many other mags and was told they would have their mags out within the next few months...including an extended mag.
Is Taurus really going to lose all that business and money to another company? And why have they been so non responsive to the PT709 customers?
BTO the customer service person I spoke with at Taurus was rude aND said he was "tired of answering this question to so many people".
Both of by Taurus pistols work great and deliver a pleasurable experience....too bad the Taurus customer service did not do the same.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience. This is an ongoing issue with the mags. Glad to hear about an aftermarketmag coming out, I just hope it works better than the PT22 a/m mags.

Welcome to TA by the way.

·
22,844 Posts
This is an issue with the entire 700 line. I have Mark Kresser to thank for the fact that I have more than one TCP mag, and the backup I just got for my 740 is the most expensive magazine I've ever bought. And it's a single stack. That's nuts. We don't know for sure what's really causing this. My personal theory is the ATF is making their lives difficult with import regs, but I'm not 100% convinced of that.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Missouri! Not sure why Taurus doesn't partner up with a aftermarketer in the states to produce for them?

Reactions: Felix

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
FWIW - keep an eye on the forum - when members find mags they WILL post sources here. Some will purchase and sell at cost as well.

Don't hold your breath - but it does happen with this great group.

Welcome to TA!!!

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Okay guys and gals. I have a LGS about 40 miles from here that has 709 mags in stock. I'm willing to make a road trip and buy all they've got if there's enough interest. Owner wasn't at the store when I called to check price, but I think they were 30-something last time. I want to say $34 but not sure on that.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Before the unfortunate boating incident, I had gotten up to 4 mags each for my MilPro and TCP. That was no small task and took a lot of hunting. (and in the case of the MilPro, two of my spares are 17-round 24/7 mags with spacers that don't fully cover the space).

It's a real problem. If they must, maybe Taurus could go the Ruger route (and charge ridiculous prices for them. Like the SR9 mag I saw at Gander Mountain for $65). And it wouldn't hurt as they design new pistols to make mags more cross-compatible.

·
22,844 Posts
You rock, 88keys!

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
I thought they were going to have Mecgar make them some mags. Did this ever come to fruition?
Think someone here in the know (supposedly) said that was a bogus comment from a CS person?
I just bet CS people are quite tired of hearing the same complaints about the same problems, but then again thats what they get paid to do.
That job would send me over the edge in short fashion myself.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Okay guys and gals. I have a LGS about 40 miles from here that has 709 mags in stock. I'm willing to make a road trip and buy all they've got if there's enough interest. Owner wasn't at the store when I called to check price, but I think they were 30-something last time. I want to say $34 but not sure on that.
Wonder where the LGS got them from?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Seems to be a pretty common issue with Taurus magazines.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
Likely from their wholesale distributor.
they probally had a standing reorder from the wholesaler and when they finally got them they shipped them.
and likely the 709 either isn't that big of a seller in that area or simply people don't think to look locally for them except at the big chain stores.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Taurus needs some parts consolidation. Everything does not
need to be engineered from the ground up. Their parts management
must be a nightmare. Wonder how many different mags they
manufacture? Some cross-model interchangeability would
be nice.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'm guessing they've had them a long time. I've given the name and number out to a few people to see if they'd ship them, but apparently either they won't, or the people never called. I bought one from them 6 months ago and they still have them, may be old stock. It's a little shop in a rural area. No one probably needs them locally and he's stuck with them. I'm hoping he'll cut me a deal.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Think someone here in the know (supposedly) said that was a bogus comment from a CS person?
I just bet CS people are quite tired of hearing the same complaints about the same problems, but then again thats what they get paid to do.
That job would send me over the edge in short fashion myself.
Taurus vice president David Blenker told me this when I toured the factory in December. I hope it wasn't just lip service?

·
Registered
77 Posts
(from his signature) Gun control is like making it harder for sober people to own cars.
~Unknown.
Did you see the CBS news item yesterday about testing built in breathalyzers in cars that you will have to breathe into before the car will start? I don't drink, so why should I have to put up with such crap!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Welcome to the TA.net forum! Your right in that there is a shortage of 709 mags. Taurus made a deal with a leading manufacture to make additional mags. I'm sure they will be here soon. I'm happy you decided to join our family.

·
Registered
177 Posts
ZDragon59, You mean you actually got through to Taurus and got somebody on the phone.

I have tried a half dozen times in the last two days and as yet have not gotten to talk to anybody.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
Taurus needs some parts consolidation. Everything does not
need to be engineered from the ground up. Their parts management
must be a nightmare. Wonder how many different mags they
manufacture? Some cross-model interchangeability would
be nice.

That only makes common sense for both the Customer and the Manufacture, so you kind of wonder why its not done?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts