Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florence, SC....Not the best place in the world, as there is a lot of crime and such. On the news, I saw where three people were gunned down in their home yesterday afternoon. I got some intell from a local contact, and it turned out to be someone that lived on a street down from where my mother and father in law use to live. My son went to school with their little girl. All three shot in the head. Mind you, that is second hand info and is not official. Hard core stuff right there. My wife asks me why I always have a gun on me, even in the house. That's why. My glock comes off my side only to go to bed. And even then, it's not far away. But that could have been at the grocery store, your home, your office, what ever. God help the poor bastard that tries to pull that crap on me or my family. Keep your guns close boys, it's not going to get any better. Check this link out:

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/aug/16/tow-bodies-found-mobile-home-park-ar-714238/

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I carry a concealed weapon because it offers me a peace of mind both out in public and within the confines of my vehicle or home.

God forbid that the streets of our country will eventually become terrorized and war-torn like they are in some areas of the world. But, if they do, I stand ready to protect myself and my family.

I agree with you, sir. It is not going to get any better.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree, I live in Arizona where things are getting worse so I carry mt PT111 MP all the time. I may go down, but I'll go down fighting not begging..

·
Registered
427 Posts
I carry a gun because I'm not in my early twenties no more. I've outgrown that young & dumb phase where I know no fear & think I'm invincible. always have a gun nearby sumwheres if its not one me. Try & invade my home & ya better have your burial plot picked out as I ain't bothered to learn how to shoot to merely wound or stop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My reason is simple and has probably been said here before. I'm too old to fight and too young to die.

·
Registered
623 Posts
JohnKos said:
My reason is simple and has probably been said here before. I'm too old to fight and too young to die.
That says it exactly!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I will say that like some others have, that I may be too old to fight but if it comes to me all rules go down the toilet, it will be "root hog or die". When it comes to being too young to die I am to fricking mean and nasty to simply roll over and die for some POS I intend to go down with my guns bucking in my hand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I carry because I have six young children and a lovely wife who depend on me to protect them and keep them safe. I'm willing to bet that if something happened when we were all out together, there would be nowhere and no way to stash them all and hope the "bad guys" go away.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Why I carry? Because I can! Because it's my right to do so. Because being a victim is not in my nature.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
BigSkiff said:
Why I carry? Because I can! Because it's my right to do so. Because being a victim is not in my nature.

+100

·
Registered
188 Posts
JohnKos said:

This.

·
Registered
115 Posts
BigSkiff said:
Amen. I will not allow myself or my family to fall prey to some idiot with no regard for their lives nor mine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
dave945 said:
I carry because I have six young children and a lovely wife who depend on me to protect them and keep them safe. I'm willing to bet that if something happened when we were all out together, there would be nowhere and no way to stash them all and hope the "bad guys" go away.
Dang Dave, we know what you been doing in your spare time!! We also know you ain't shooting Blanks!!! :D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
My neighbor's wife told me he came home from work around 7pm the day before, a guy pointed a gun at his back demanding his wallet. That's when I started carrying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had been thinking about carrying for a long time, but about 2 years ago
I seen a video of Suzanna Gratia Hupp giving a speech. I go out to dinner
almost every weekend with my parents and although my daughter is 17,
she isn't to "cool" to still do things with dad. :)

I never leave my 709 in the car when I can carry where I can. Which is
almost anywhere since SB 308 was signed into law here in GA.

1st post but long time lurker. You guys are a wealth of knowledge. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,438 Posts
I've been a victim trust me it sucks. Having some young punk with a gun to your head for a few bucks. And not knowing if your going to die.

This happened when I was a young father. And it will never happen again.
I'm now older wiser and can get meaner then a slapped around rattle snake in the blink of an eye.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
svrider3 said:
I never leave my 709 in the car when I can carry where I can. Which is
almost anywhere since SB 308 was signed into law here in GA.

1st post but long time lurker. You guys are a wealth of knowledge. :thumb:
I quite agree with you, friend.

The folks who hang out here are a friendly and knowledgeable group from many different backgrounds (law enforcement, military, border patrol, and average citizens); and, collectively, they comprise a vast amount of handgun experience which has been very beneficial to me.

Now that you are here, don't be shy...jump in and broaden our knowledge base by sharing your handgun experiences with us. :thumb:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Same principle as having a fire extinguisher in your home.

Example W/O fire extinguisher:
Oh My, we have a fire in the kitchen - hey just call the Fire Rescue - oh, they aren't right there in the front yard, will take a while to get to get here!!! Oh Nooo, what am I gonna do now???

You get it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Why do I carry? A picture is worth a thousand words. These guys and gals are a few who I've arrested over the years for violent crimes. I keep these mug shots beside my safes in the gun room, to remind me that they and their friends are running the streets and they have no regard for my (our) rights and well being. These are all very scary people.

Identifying information edited out.​

1 - 20 of 71 Posts