Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am getting my CCW. I am going to purchase a SS PT145 for my carry weapon.
Thanks for the great site with all of the wonderful info, plus it is not a super hostile forums unlike some others :)

I do have one question, I have purchased firearms through the internet before. I was wondering where the best (read cheapest) online source for a THIRD GEN SS PT145 is. Any recommendations? (sorry if this is against board rules, let me know if it is!)

Any smithing need to make it more reliable, or make the trigger better? Sounds like the 3rd gen has the kinks worked out but I just wanted to ask!

Cheers guys, I look forward to using this board!

·
Administrator
41,844 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Congrats on getting your concealed permit.
The stainless PT145 is a good choice, I love mine. Needed no tweaks, it's been flawless outta' the box. :thumb:
Someone will probably be along shortly to recommend an online dealer.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
MJaeger, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

A SS PT-145 was my choice for CC. I have never looked back on my decision.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found one local for $325. I figured local is better so I can be positive it is the 3rd gen!
They also had Federal Premium Law Enforcement Tactical Bonded 230grain +p rounds. (I hear they are hard to find) So I picked up a box for $28.
IWB holster on the way.
Now I wait for my CCW to finish processing!
I really like the gun, very solid! Sexy too :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.