Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So why does this happen.....On some of the other forums I visit there are snobs everywhere that state that they would rather be unarmed to carry a Taurus? Who says stuff like that? I wonder if they have ever owned a Taurus in their life?

I know when I was looking for a .380 I started looking at Ruger. I listened to "others" knew about "How bad the Taurus were". Until I picked up the TCP and never looked back. I have 200 rounds through it with no failures, accurate and reliable for defense. I use it as one of my EDC and would rely upon it. It is amazing the people out there though....like sheep.

Sorry for the soapbox.......but I am just tired of the people who bash without experience. You should hear them when I mention Hi Point.....LOL. I don't own a pistol from them, but I do own one of their Carbines and it is fun to shoot.....reliable......goes bang on every round and shoots pie plates at 50 yards with iron sights out of the box. WHat more can you ask for?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I found the same type of feedback way back when I bought my Kel-Tec P-11. Bad mouth and bashing this and that. It had a couple small issues and CS took care of it quickly and permanently. I got the gun back in '04 I think and have shot it without incident thousands of times. Haters like to target products that are budget priced to feed their ego IMHO. Just because they can afford to belong to the "gun of the month" club, it bothers them that people can get equal or better quality products (minus the brand name status) and do so at reasonable cost. I like high end stuff as much as the next guy but I also appreciate a "quality value". Taurus exceeds expectations in that area I believe.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I can almost honestly say that none of the Taurus haters have ever owned one. They have to much pride to own a gun that costs less than $1000. I guess that possibly Taurus used to have bad quality control but any I have bought have been nothing but stellar. As far as Hi-Points go, other than looks, there is nothing wrong with them either

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like these people think if they throw money at anything, it can't be wrong and it is a better quality. I agree with the Hi Point pistols, they are quite large but they seems to be reliable and indestructible according to this video:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I remember hearing the expression: A gun is a bullet launcher. If your gun fires reliablely and you are reasonably accurate with it what more do you need to know? The BG is dead with a $250 gun or a $2500 gun...I don't think he will know the difference.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
2 things I can think of.
Ignorance, never having actually owned one or even fired one, people listen to others' stories and believe them.
Price equals perceived value, "I paid more for this firearm than I would have for a Taurus therefore it must be better".

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
The haters are all losers..

·
Registered
53 Posts
You want hatred try owning a Hi-point. I do and it amazes me how much people hate them. Bad mouth them ect and usually it is the person who has never owned one that talks crap. My C9 is a good gun. Fairly accurate and smooth firing. It doesnt have the bells and whistkes my PT92 has. It is a Basic gun. If it was sold in a grocery store it would be in the generic section.

But the hatred this company recieves is unjust in my opinion. The main reason they recieve all this hatred? Because you can buy a 45 acp for like $215. Heck i found one on gunbroker for $150! But it also seems to me that the people who bad mouth it are the ones who have never owned one. And when you hear stories about them exploding, or some other god awful thing, its always a situation of " I know this guy who has a friend who knew some with a Hi-point".

Anyway thats the reason i dont list my C9 in my sig. Didnt want to draw out any nasty comments.

Anyway that is my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think I've said this before. *Some* people are "brand loyal." What they have is the best thing since sliced bread and everything else is crap. "Other forums" could be S&W forums, Glock forums, Springfield forums. This is the Taurus Forum. Generally here everyone is pleased with the Taurus that they own. However, I haven't read any posts here bashing other makers. As a matter of fact, I trust the oponions that others have about other makers.

Yes, I own a Taurus and I have not had one issue with it. I might have owned a S&W, Glock, Springfield and I'd be on those forums. I might have but I didn't.

Oponions are like arm pits, everyone has two....good and bad. Frankly, I don't really care what a S&W, Glock or Springfield or any other make owners have to say about Taurus. I own a Taurus for one reason and one reason only....it works great for ME.

Now, having said that I'm in the market for a second pistol (a 45 or another 9) in a 1911. My choices are weighted on two factors, My money and the brands reliability (ok and customer support so make that three factors). Taurus "currently" is right up there with the others and that is making the choices very difficult.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I have seen it at the range as well. I let my targets shut them up. When my groups are better then theirs I act disappointed that my shooting is off they always come look to offer advice. Then they see the groups my Taurus shoots and most will change their tune. I always offer to let them shoot my Taurus, especially the PT-99.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Ignorance.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Such people should talk less and shoot more. When you run into them at the range they'll shoot 8" groups at 7 yards and brag about how accurate their gun is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think it's just ignorance. Taurus may have had a questionable reputation at one time, but afaic their stuff is as good as anyone, and they are the most innovative company out there.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personal experience

So why does this happen.....On some of the other forums I visit there are snobs everywhere that state that they would rather be unarmed to carry a Taurus? Who says stuff like that? I wonder if they have ever owned a Taurus in their life?

I know when I was looking for a .380 I started looking at Ruger. I listened to "others" knew about "How bad the Taurus were". Until I picked up the TCP and never looked back. I have 200 rounds through it with no failures, accurate and reliable for defense. I use it as one of my EDC and would rely upon it. It is amazing the people out there though....like sheep.

Sorry for the soapbox.......but I am just tired of the people who bash without experience. You should hear them when I mention Hi Point.....LOL. I don't own a pistol from them, but I do own one of their Carbines and it is fun to shoot.....reliable......goes bang on every round and shoots pie plates at 50 yards with iron sights out of the box. WHat more can you ask for?

Did my research. Decided on the Taurus TPC. Found at a great price. I took it home cleaned it then the problems began. When I tried to reassemble the gun could get the barrel to slide forward to put the pin back in. Called Taurus and was on hold for a half an hour. During that time I got the barrel to go forward. It functioned ok. Went to the range and it missed ever round. Brought it back home and tried to disassemble it again. No go. Called Taurus and they wanted it back at the factory. They told me it will be 4 to 6 weeks. I had the gun one day. Shot a gun that should have never left the factory. Piece of junk and the company, who I never had an opinion prior to this transaction, is seemingly shoddy for shipping a malfunctioning weapon. I will wait for the final outcome to see how their repair department responds. They could change my opinion but right now it's pretty low. I'm second guessing that I should have purchased a LCP.

·
Registered
24,848 Posts

It is because people don't bother to educate themselves. I think they are just closet bullies.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think I've said this before. *Some* people are "brand loyal." What they have is the best thing since sliced bread and everything else is crap.
Brand loyalty. I think you have a point here. I own two PT1911s and love them both. I was in the market for another pistol and lots of people on one of the other forums was hyping one of the Springfield 1911s. So with an open mind. I went over to Academy to check one out. About the only difference I could see was that the thumb safety was a little more positive and crisp than the one on the PT1911. Other than that, ...meh. Didn't justify the $300 premium for the Springfield over the PT.

So what did I do? I bought a Tanfoglio EAA Witness Match .45 ACP over the Springfield (horror of horrors). Though its not a well known name, it's a superb bargain and an outstanding firearm.
It's your ca$h, your decision. H8rs 'gon h8, regardless. So let em.

Reactions: JHPRICE
1 - 20 of 101 Posts